aussie's story - GREEN TEA EXTRACT QUESTION

TA45

Established Member
Reaction score
Re: aussie's story - More pics, more help P.2

Are you on the Rogaine foam or liquid? How long have you been on the minoxidil products? Has anything gotten worse since doing either the foam or liquid?

aussie

Reaction score

iamnaked said:
And of course I could be back on this forum with a penis growing out of my forehead sobbing about my mistakes in 5 years time :)
LMAO!!

I just went to the Doctor's and got a prescription for finasteride, so i'll see how that goes for the time being. He said to take one a day which is 1mg, should i start off with just .5mg? Also, when do you think is the best time to start on meds, before a shed, during a shed or after a shed? Or doesnt it really matter??

timallen45 said:
Are you on the Rogaine foam or liquid? How long have you been on the minoxidil products? Has anything gotten worse since doing either the foam or liquid?

Ive been on Rogaine since April 2006, ive seen ups and down. But i know that it has slowed down the balding process, hate to see what it'd be like know if i hadnt done anything :crazy:

BIG 3 HERE I COME!! :firing: male pattern baldness

Wish me luck :punk:

Dogs3

Experienced Member
Reaction score

just take the full 1mg, youll be good. good luck, finasteride does help

aussie

Reaction score

Dogs3 said:
just take the full 1mg, youll be good. good luck, finasteride does help
okie doke! :)

aussie

Reaction score

Just about to take the next step and have my first finasteride tablet...kinda scared :crazy: lol
Although im off work today feeling sick so im not sure whether i should wait till im good again :(

EDIT -

Ok, just popped the little pink tablet for the first time, was abit of a rush to be honest lmao!!

I cant see any results in hair growth but, its been atleast 3 or 4 minutes!! :thumbsdown: HAHA!!

Its going to be an anxious month or so to see if i respond well thats for sure!

aussie

Reaction score
Re: aussie's story - Big 3 Starts today! p.3

If i was to see some sides, after how many days at taking 1 pill a day would it be before they showed up? Im not talking myself into looking for side effects, quite the opposite, im just curious

RaginDemon

Reaction score

aussie said:
If i was to see some sides, after how many days at taking 1 pill a day would it be before they showed up? Im not talking myself into looking for side effects, quite the opposite, im just curious

2 weeks on average

aussie

Reaction score

Cool, well been on finasteride for a week now and havent really noticed any sides, maybe a few twinges in the nutsack area, but nothing im worried about. Sex drives seems to have increased a little aswell which i thought was odd, but others have experienced that too. All is going swell :)

Dogs3

Experienced Member
Reaction score

hey aussie, dont sweat about the sides, there was less than 1% in clinical trials that got sexual sides, the placebo was slightly less but still around 1%. Even if you get sides theyll dissapear a day or two after stopping...

The only thing that worried me early with finasteride was that for the first few months my hair seemed to get worse. I think i had a shed between like months 2-4 or so, maybe even later and it got me freaked out a bit. but now at month 8 im so glad i took finasteride its unbelievable. Its not like its given me a full head of hair but its thickened things up and now have no obvious signs of hair loss. also now im confident that it will help at least maintain things for a few years hopefully by then Hair multiplication will be around and we'll all be good to go. your starting some real solid treatments, dont mind any shedding early on, dont even pay attention the first few months, youll see results down the line. good luck.

aussie

Reaction score

Cheers mate, i appreciate the positive comment :)

I read somewhere that finasteride doesn't really cause sheds, its the minoxidil that does that :dunno: Ive been on rogaine for quite a while now and have seen some sheds, so im not really worried to be honest if i get more because of the finasteride...just as long as it grows back lol

RaginDemon

Reaction score

sheds dont mean permanent hair loss, hair will most likely come back, and become thicker.

aussie

Reaction score

Sweet :)

Umm i think im going through a shed, is this normal after only a week and a half on finasteride?? :crazy:

Dogs3

Experienced Member
Reaction score

anything can happen in terms of some shedding early on during finasteride, dont sweat it. you might shed weeks 2-8, then itl be good, then months 2-5 then youll be fine, its kind of a roller coaster for some people for the first 5 or so months..then things will get thicker and stabilize for the most part. Like i said before, dont even bother with worrying about shedding for the first 5 months youll drive yourself nuts...just know that your using the best possible treatment for prevention and thickening for male pattern baldness, and leave the rest up to the gods.

RaginDemon

Reaction score

yup, get on treatment, pray for the best, and TRY not to over stress about it, GL!

aussie

Reaction score
Re: aussie's story - One Month Update! P.4

okie doke, time for an update.

Its been over a month now since i added finasteride to my regime. At the start (first week or two) my head did feel a little funny after taking the pill and every so often id get slight twinges in the nuts (nothing too bad). I take it before i go to bed so the fuzzy head didnt bother me. I also feel asthough i had gone through a shed around the 2 or 3wk mark. No loss in sex drive, no tit growth, no watery semen!

A month on and i now dont have any side effects whatsoever!! :punk:

I have noticed the front area is sprouting lots of light coloured hair and it seems as though there HEAPS of darker hairs trying to grow, kind of like stubble. Hair quality feels nicer and also feels abit thicker. I have takin pics every week but you cant see any difference due to the colour of the hair, i can definitely see it in the mirror :)

So hopefully i'll be able to start a thread in the Success Stories in a few months, w00t! :mrgreen:

billythekid

Established Member
Reaction score
Re: aussie's story - One Month on finasteride Update! P.4

congrats man. sounds like a success story in the making.

good luck and please keep us updated.

aussie

Reaction score
Re: aussie's story - One Month on finasteride Update! P.4

Heres some comparison pics from over the last weeks/months, and also a pic to show all the fuzz coming through :)

Wat ya's reckon??

Attachments

• fuzz5april08line.jpg
    fuzz5april08line.jpg
    51.6 KB · Views: 888
  • allpics.jpg
    allpics.jpg
    78.6 KB · Views: 898

aussie

Reaction score
Re: aussie's story - NEW PICS P.4

The last few days ive been getting a really dry mouth and abit of an irritated throat, tiredness and just feeling yuk.

Just had the pill before and my throat feels more irritated.

Are these known sides from finasteride, more so the dry mouth problem??

Maybe im just coming down with a cold or something :thumbsdown:

Dogs3

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Re: aussie's story - DRY MOUTH=SIDES??

that has nothing to do with finasteride.

aussie

Reaction score
Re: aussie's story - DRY MOUTH=SIDES??

just went to take a piss and noticed that there was a watery white substance like pre ejaculate at the tip coming out. Im assuming this is a side effect from the finasteride, should i be concerned?? Ive missed a few days this week and am wondering if its because of that :crazy: