AU Introduction. Hello.

kate_e

Reaction score
My hair started falling out when I was two years old. I lived with varying degrees of AA throughout my life. Sometimes it was really bad, up to 50% loss at worst times and sometimes it wasnt bad at all. When I graduated high school, I had the most beautiful long blond hair and no patches of loss at all.

A couple of years ago, and to whatever degree this is related, I went thru some massive trauma and changes in my life. All of my hair fell out. Everywhere. (The only consistent place my body grew ANY hair was my armpits. Annoying as that was, it was comforting to know my body could still PRODUCE SOME hair.) The process of this loss accompanied the rest of the trauma my life was seeing. I was sick in my stomach from all the hair falling out. It was awful. I was wearing headscarves, trying to hide it. Finally had to accept that I needed a wig.

So now its a couple of years later and I am 27. Its still gone though I get some fuzz. Sometimes the fuzz is comforting but I wish it was more, of course. How I wish just for simple hair on my head, just then wouldnt life be easy? Wouldnt I have everything I need? To pull it back in a ponytail and go! (Sure wigs are easier than trying to cover spots but I want it all!) To feel at ease! To not have to wear makeup! Ive come to appreciate everything I HAVE physically and that I do not have a more serious illness. But as I am sure others know, this is so frustrating. Ive come here because Ive reached a new point of frustration even despite my acceptance and I just need some company.

So

Established Member
Reaction score
i hear you

though my problem has not been as severe as yours it sure is distressing none the less..

maybe its largley stress related for you?