AU hair regrowth

jgibson5041

Reaction score
Hello,

My name is Jason, and I have been dealing with Alopecia since I was 7. I am now 30 and have no hair whatsoever. At first it was just my eyebrows. They suddenly began to fall off. Later, my body hair and eye lashes disappeared. When I was about 18, I began to notice that patches of my scalp were bald. By the time I was 25, I was having a difficult time hiding my increasingly balding head. By 27, I decided to shave my head, so that I would no longer be embarrassed with my patchy hair. My hair never grew back. It has been 3 years since I had any hair.

That is, until 1 month ago. I had one single hair grow on my chin. Since then, the left side of my chin is covered in hair, as well as the left side of my upper lip. I have even had to shave a couple of times. Two weeks ago I noticed tiny eye lashes starting to grow, and last week, a few tiny eyebrow hairs.

Is it normal that after 23 years of Alopecia that my hair is starting to return? I have been so long without it that it is kind of odd to me to feel hair on my skin. I hope it does not grow back on my scalp. I like the bald head look. :)

Thank you all for reading my post and God bless you all.

Adriano

Reaction score
HI Jason,

I had AU now for 5 yrs and I don't think I can wait another 18 yrs for it to grow back lol

Great news for you though, did you taking anything to have it come back?

jgibson5041

Reaction score
When I was about 20, I tried dermal injections and creams, and had a little regrowth, but as soon as I stopped, my hair fell out again. I stopped taking the meds all together. Then around the time I turned 30, I began having some regrowth. Now I have quite a bit of facial hair, and even some head hair. So hang in there! Never lose hope.