AU hair regrowth | HairLossTalk Forums
Dismiss Notice
Forum Update: Aug 19. Feedback for the Admin? Upgrade coming: Click Here.

AU hair regrowth

Discussion in 'Alopecia Totalis and Universalis Support' started by jgibson5041, Jul 2, 2009.

1. jgibson5041

jgibson5041 New Member

Dislikes Received:
    Hello,

My name is Jason, and I have been dealing with Alopecia since I was 7. I am now 30 and have no hair whatsoever. At first it was just my eyebrows. They suddenly began to fall off. Later, my body hair and eye lashes disappeared. When I was about 18, I began to notice that patches of my scalp were bald. By the time I was 25, I was having a difficult time hiding my increasingly balding head. By 27, I decided to shave my head, so that I would no longer be embarrassed with my patchy hair. My hair never grew back. It has been 3 years since I had any hair.

That is, until 1 month ago. I had one single hair grow on my chin. Since then, the left side of my chin is covered in hair, as well as the left side of my upper lip. I have even had to shave a couple of times. Two weeks ago I noticed tiny eye lashes starting to grow, and last week, a few tiny eyebrow hairs.

Is it normal that after 23 years of Alopecia that my hair is starting to return? I have been so long without it that it is kind of odd to me to feel hair on my skin. I hope it does not grow back on my scalp. I like the bald head look. :)

Thank you all for reading my post and God bless you all.

2. Adriano

Adriano New Member

Dislikes Received:
    HI Jason,

I had AU now for 5 yrs and I don't think I can wait another 18 yrs for it to grow back lol

Great news for you though, did you taking anything to have it come back?

3. jgibson5041

jgibson5041 New Member

Dislikes Received:
    When I was about 20, I tried dermal injections and creams, and had a little regrowth, but as soon as I stopped, my hair fell out again. I stopped taking the meds all together. Then around the time I turned 30, I began having some regrowth. Now I have quite a bit of facial hair, and even some head hair. So hang in there! Never lose hope.