Attn: Oni

oni

Reaction score
[youtube:31j1oyg5]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q7Wk_i187qU&feature=related[/youtube:31j1oyg5]

Make sure you watch the other rounds, you can find them on youtube.

Anyone that stands toe to toe with Buakaw Por. Pramuk for 5 rounds is high level Muay Thai.

Lived in Thailand for a while and I think he has a Thai wife and has been retired for about 3-4 years.

I guess you are asking because you saw him on TUF and no I have not seen that episode (so don't tell me about it!!!) and yes he drinks a lot and does not sleep much and still kicks arse but watch everyone of his fights and you will see he has always looked this way (like death warmed up).

The thing is lots of Thai fighters are like this in Thailand, women, drinking, smoking and gambling. The best way to thank your trainer in Thailand is ask him what he likes to drink! and have a good bottle or two of it in your suitcase.

mpbsux20

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Cassin said:
I am very interested in the dude.

smiley-face.jpg

oni

Reaction score
What sort of style fighters are you interested in?

I am thinking you are more interested in more traditional style fighters and not the Ramon Dekkers of this world?

Cassin

Reaction score
oni said:
What sort of style fighters are you interested in?

I am thinking you are more interested in more traditional style fighters and not the Ramon Dekkers of this world?

honestly I really don't have a preference.

oni

Reaction score
Ok

Dutch Fighters

Rob Kaman
Ramon Dekker

Thai Fighters

Pud Pad Noy Worawoot
Sakad Petchindee
Dieselnoi

They are a few to look up....................

oni

Reaction score
Dieselnoi best knee fighter of all time IMHO.................6.2" and had fights at 135 lbs.

I watched the TUF episode with Jean Charels Skarbowski. I am not surprised by what he was doing to the MMA fighters.

The MMA stance is all wrong for Muay Thai. That front leg that is so far forward to protect against a double leg take down is asking to be kicked to pieces. It also means you cannot deliver fast kicks from the front leg.

What also scares me was how they could not defend a standing knee and this was not delivered from a clinch......................all Jean was doing was a couple of punches to get them to cover up and then change angle to deliver a knee.

But it is MMA I guess and these are MMA fighters.

Now for some fun...........Rambaa "M-16" Somdet
[youtube:zww58uat]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l49H-mcauOA[/youtube:zww58uat]

He also has a MMA record http://www.sherdog.com/fighter/Rambaa-Somdet-3390

You can tell he is from Pattaya in Thailand........................... :whistle:

oni

Reaction score
Coban "The Crusher" Lookchaomaesaitong......................

If you can find all 4 of his fights with Ramon Dekker you are in for a treat.

Ori83

Experienced Member
Reaction score
These fighters seems very small but i bet i that lil guy can take 4 average men without breaking a sweat :)

oni

Reaction score
Maybe one after the other in a ring.

Having trained a bit, you would be surprised how hard some average Joe's can punch straight off the bat without training. The rest takes training, like kicking, elbows, knees etc.

Never judge a book by its cover.......................................... :whistle: