Attached guys have it easier to cope with male pattern baldness

chewbaca

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Let's say right now u have a girl who likes u for who u are and she looks like some alicia silverstone or carmen electra. Would male pattern baldness still matter?

Not for me

....I guess those not bothered abt male pattern baldness and move on are those already with a steady girlfrens or married....Afterall its women whom we want to impress......who cares abt hair loss if u got the woman u always desired?

MrBen

Reaction score
My boyfriend doesn't care. He's got the beginnings of a receding hairline too. We just accept it and move on. I'm doing what I can to preserve what I have with hopefully at least minor regrowth on the crown because I don't want to end up like my dad at this point. And in case you were wondering yes I am gay.

Full Head of Hair

Established Member
Reaction score
It really wans't that hard to figure out :lol:

21gone

Established Member
Reaction score
I disagree because I do not think it is just about that one woman. I am not saying that you will be trying to hook up with others but there is a certain confidence whether it be will girls, business or anything else, but usually it is most important to ones self. The other thing is that you have to be with a girl who you know loves you for you and not how you look at the moment.

juststarting

Established Member
Reaction score
21gone you are right on.

I am trying to prevent for my own self feeling in all my interactions, but of course attracking females is of very high importance.

Full Head of Hair

Established Member
Reaction score
If I was married to Kiera Knightly, I'd still want my hair. So, I'm not sure if the attached guys have it any easier.

dw99

Reaction score
yeah, 21gone hit the nail on the head...

i've got a girl that i love and she loves me back for who i am and nothing else, but it's for my own self image/esteem that i want my hair back.

i'm fresh out of college and have a great job in IT and HAD great goals to move up in the business world as quick as possible, but now hair loss has crushed my confidence and has really ruined my work ethic as i'm always depressed and at a loss to find motivation.

hair loss is the absolute shits. i've never hated anything with so much passion in my life. i would do anything to make this go away.

DarklyCharming

Established Member
Reaction score
Agreed. I've got a banging girlfriend, hottest thing I've ever known. Hair loss still blows. It's my mane. When you're a f*****g lion at the top of your game and someone takes your mane, you feel cheated, regardless if you've got a hottie at home.

Green Soap

Established Member
Reaction score
My GF is f*****g GORGEOUS. 105 lbs of pure latina honey. I keep waiting for the punchline, she's so amazing.

We've been together for two months and I just dropped it today that, oh yeah, that pill I took last night was finasteride and I also use minoxidil twice a day.

She laughed, told me she doesn't care one way or the other, and kissed me deeply.

:D

(still pinching my arm but I seem to be awake)

Petchsky

Reaction score
My girlfriend is a baboon and she doesn't mind as long as i shave my ***, but regardless i still want to keep my hair for my own self confidence. I like to look good, simple as that. Plus relationships don't always last forever unfortunately. You may find yourself on single street and will have to find yourself another fine women. :D

too bald too furious

Experienced Member
Reaction score
I would like to keep my hair for the majority of my life..coz I don wanna be insecure that my wife/gf dumps me later on for a more good looking guy. :(

chewbaca

Experienced Member
Reaction score
too bald too furious said:
I would like to keep my hair for the majority of my life..coz I don wanna be insecure that my wife/gf dumps me later on for a more good looking guy. :(

u mus be happy that u have known a balck sheep in wolf's clothing

G

I've got a great girlfriend. Gorgeous austrailian girl who loves me for me and thinks i look fine with or without hair. Although i havent lost much just receeded a bit at the hairline shes got me off wearing hats which makes me feel 100% :)

NHLfan

Reaction score
dw99 said:
yeah, 21gone hit the nail on the head...

i've got a girl that i love and she loves me back for who i am and nothing else, but it's for my own self image/esteem that i want my hair back.

i'm fresh out of college and have a great job in IT and HAD great goals to move up in the business world as quick as possible, but now hair loss has crushed my confidence and has really ruined my work ethic as i'm always depressed and at a loss to find motivation.

hair loss is the absolute shits. i've never hated anything with so much passion in my life. i would do anything to make this go away.

Dude...call me an idealist, but if you're a smart, professional guy and you're looking to move up in a company, hairloss should not be a factor. If it is, you're working in the wrong environment. Any person, short, tall, bald or not can look professional and dapper so long as they take care of themselves.

Odelay

Established Member
Reaction score
In the business world, unless you are in sales, looks are not all that important. Have you ever taken a look at some of these CEO's, CFO's, etc., an overwhelming majority of them got beat with the ugly tree and quite a few of them don't have decent hair. In the business world it's all about who you know, being in the right place at the right time and add in some good work ethics and then you will still only have a fair chance of making it high up on the ladder.

eliazush

Established Member
Reaction score
Ok guys,

I can only speak for myself, but how I see it is that it doesn't matter if you are attached or not. I do it for myself. For how I look to me. It about the way I feel with myself and my self esteem. And if it will help me with guys (in my case :lol: ) then even better. Just like women go for plastic surgeries at the age of 50 or 60 although thery're married.
They way a persons looks is very important. It helps with job position, it helps with they way people look at you (yes, sometimes it does matter!)
Treating my hairloss is something I invest in myself. It's like my personal nurturing. My quality time for myself. For my way to look and feel better. Do you really think attached guys should neglect themselves?? Wear grose clothes or not shower, not shave?? Come on guys. Let's admit it. Not everything we do we do to get more women!
It would be sad to think so.

Sorry, guys. I can't see myself with a shiny, exposed scalp. Attached or forever single....

WithTheLidOff

Established Member
Reaction score
bla bla bla bla..likes me for who I am...bla bla bla....confidence shot and I can;t work...

well guys, we have no choice! We can't have someone like us for our Brad Pitt looks, because yes, sadly there are ZERO heartthrobs in holleywood that are bald. But come on...how many of the women that YOUVE been attracted to, and I mean seriously attracted to, (not just looked at) have had Holleywood good looks??
We have to live our life with what we have, just like everyone else. At the VERY least, don;t be super jealous of good looking people with hair, they sense it and draw their confidence from that.

chewbaca

Experienced Member
Reaction score
I think the issue here is dpeendent on everyone's mndset. SOme guys have hair but dont have facial features, SOme have facial features but go bald.

I think whichever u are, u need to change yr conceptions...Probably the guy with no looks but hair will gfeel envious of the good looking and bald...
Thsoe with both hair and looks will feel their bodies are inaduequate, too fat or too thin...

Ok guys its alwas been in human nature to outwit the other guy.But no one's orn perfect. Iwhat matters is if u cant bring out tand make the best use of the good aspects of yrself....I think many people with male pattern baldness , most of the time feel they are handicapped , just like your limbs, u were born with hair, and to lose it means u hvae to live your life feeling like a handicap...

too bald too furious

Experienced Member
Reaction score
chewbaca said:
too bald too furious said:

u mus be happy that u have known a balck sheep in wolf's clothing

Did you mean wolf in black sheep clothing? :freaked2:

eliazush

Established Member
Reaction score
I agree with Odelay.

I can't believe the things you're saying here guys...You're saying that your wife is not an Hollywood star so that gives you the right not to be one as well?? what the hell?? Is this a comparison who's less worthy so that it can gives him the right to be neglected???? Come on guys, don't sound that lousy...

To me, loosing my hair is like lossing my youth or health. Baldness makes you look older and less healthy than I guy with a full head, especially if he keeps it medium length and neat. I don't think I will ever get to this stage ever (though I am "only" Norwood I-II) but at least I won't become Norwood 5 or 7.