ATT:S Foote , spironolactone's diuretic

thin=depressed

Experienced Member
Reaction score
I've been reading your posts on hydraulics and it turns out that spironolactone is a diuretic or in other words water retension drug as well. This is a note worthy effect because indeed water retension causes blood flow incumberance to follicles. Minoxidil and spironolactone are a great combo. Perhaps geneticly balding men have a unrecognized scalp water retension. The posted research studies I posted point to this as well. I'm very fascinated by this connection. Whats your opinion?

S Foote.

Experienced Member
Reaction score
thin=depressed said:
I've been reading your posts on hydraulics and it turns out that spironolactone is a diuretic or in other words water retension drug as well. This is a note worthy effect because indeed water retension causes blood flow incumberance to follicles. Minoxidil and spironolactone are a great combo. Perhaps geneticly balding men have a unrecognized scalp water retension. The posted research studies I posted point to this as well. I'm very fascinated by this connection. Whats your opinion?

Hi.

Yes i was aware of the diuretic effect of spironolactone.

I suggest that anything that effects hair growth also effects tissue `Hydraulics'.

Minoxidil `shifts' fluid volume away from the surface tissue (from around hair follicles). http://www.hairsite4.com/dc/dcboard.php ... 051&page=2 Anti-inflammatories reduce tissue fluid levels. Even the effects noted in reducing DHT with finasteride/dutasteride, reduced erections and ejaculate, and breast `swelling' are `Hydraulic' effects!

S Foote.

thin=depressed

Experienced Member
Reaction score
S Foote. said:
thin=depressed":7e291]I've been reading your posts on hydraulics and it turns out that spironolactone is a diuretic or in other words water retension drug as well. This is a note worthy effect because indeed water retension causes blood flow incumberance to follicles. Minoxidil and spironolactone are a great combo. Perhaps geneticly balding men have a unrecognized scalp water retension. The posted research studies I posted point to this as well. I'm very fascinated by this connection. Whats your opinion?[/quote] Hi. Yes i was aware of the diuretic effect of spironolactone. I suggest that anything that effects hair growth also effects tissue `Hydraulics'. Minoxidil `shifts' fluid volume away from the surface tissue (from around hair follicles). [url="http://www.hairsite4.com/dc/dcboard.php?az=show_mesg&forum=8&topic_id=18031&mesg_id=18051&page=2 said:
http://www.hairsite4.com/dc/dcboard.php ... 051&page=2[/url] Anti-inflammatories reduce tissue fluid levels. Even the effects noted in reducing DHT with finasteride/dutasteride, reduced erections and ejaculate, and breast `swelling' are `Hydraulic' effects!

S Foote.[/quote:7e291]Thats an accute clinical observation you have. It makes complete sense. I didn't see this connection untill recent. Hydraulics play a large roll.

Bryan

Staff member
Reaction score
S Foote. said:

I suggest that anything that effects hair growth also effects tissue `Hydraulics'.

Minoxidil `shifts' fluid volume away from the surface tissue (from around hair follicles). http://www.hairsite4.com/dc/dcboard.php ... 051&page=2

Please provide evidence for that claim (the link doesn't say anything about that).

Bryan

S Foote.

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Bryan said:
S Foote. said:

Minoxidil `shifts' fluid volume away from the surface tissue (from around hair follicles). http://www.hairsite4.com/dc/dcboard.php ... 051&page=2

Please provide evidence for that claim (the link doesn't say anything about that).

Bryan

Yes it does Bryan, if you read it properly!

Quote:
" these changes are a consequence of vagal withdrawal, reflex-mediated increases in sympathetic activity and renin release and a shift of blood to the central blood volume."

If there is a shift of blood to the central volume, this means fluid is being `shifted' away from the surface!

S Foote.

Bryan

Staff member
Reaction score
As usual, you're trying to put your own little spin on that! :wink:

It still doesn't explain the reports of facial "puffiness" from minoxidil usage. You're trying to make us believe that minoxidil shifts fluid away from the very SURFACE area of the skin where the hair follicles are located, but NOT any deeper than that (otherwise, there'd be no "puffiness")! Stephen, you come up with one ad hoc theory after another! :)

Bryan

thin=depressed

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Regardless of your standings on fluid situation I would keep into consideration spiros diuretic properties and its hair loss impact.

Bryan

Staff member
Reaction score
Do you realize that statement is as clear as mud?

Is that ONE or TWO different things you mentioned? :wink:

Bryan

S Foote.

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Bryan said:
As usual, you're trying to put your own little spin on that! :wink:

It still doesn't explain the reports of facial "puffiness" from minoxidil usage. You're trying to make us believe that minoxidil shifts fluid away from the very SURFACE area of the skin where the hair follicles are located, but NOT any deeper than that (otherwise, there'd be no "puffiness")! Stephen, you come up with one ad hoc theory after another! :)

Bryan

Your just plain wrong again Bryan. You really should do more research on the subjects you claim to know about!

Please refer to my post on lipedemous scalp, and lipedemous alopecia here.
http://www.hairlosstalk.com/discussions ... 6&start=30

S Foote.

thin=depressed

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Bryan said:
Do you realize that statement is as clear as mud?

Is that ONE or TWO different things you mentioned? :wink:

Bryan
Do I have to dumb it down for you. Research something Bryan anything please.