At What Point Are You "not A Man" When Hair Loss Is Consuming You. Because I Don't Feel Like One.

buckthorn

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
When it's on your mind constantly... when you dream about it... when you can't take your hat off... when you FEAR the summer because of all the friendly invitations, the heat, the sweat, the sunlight...

f*** what others think about what "makes a 'man'" and for a second think,
is this sh*t RUINING my life?? " Because that is what's important. Lacking control over something inevitable and becoming a victim to your mind, and what other people think of you is most important.

PappinAce

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Lacking control over something inevitable and becoming a victim to your mind, and what other people think of you is most important.

it sucks man. hair loss greatly lowers our chances of finding a compatible life partner, and has a holistic negative affect on your self image and personality.

all you can do is keep doing the things where it doesn't matter what people think of you. the things that make you happy by yourself.

Dontwannabeabetabob

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
Think it's time to shave it off bro. I'm 3 weeks into the "just shave it bro" saga of my life and I'm starting to get used to it. Granted I have to shave every other day or else my NW8 pattern shows, other than that it's all gravy.

CaptainForehead

Reaction score
You need to shave it with no guard and accept your inferiority.

It will suck at first but it will become easier with time, as you start accepting your inferiority.

There's a reason you're so anxious, you just need to come to terms with it.

Oh and it = your inferiority of course.

The five baldite stages: Denial, Meds, Transplants, Depression, Acceptance. Buck is on the 4th stage, one more to go.

Roberto_72

My Regimen
Reaction score
When it's on your mind constantly... when you dream about it... when you can't take your hat off... when you FEAR the summer because of all the friendly invitations, the heat, the sweat, the sunlight...

is this sh*t RUINING my life?? " Because that is what's important. Lacking control over something inevitable and becoming a victim to your mind, and what other people think of you is most important.
I think we can envisage two definitions of "man":

1. A male individual who is very much liked by women (or other men if he is so inclined)

2. A male individual who fights his own battles, in which he believes, and tries to win.

I think the two definitions don't have much in common.

I will be honest with you. If it hadn't been for hair loss, I would have been 2x happier.

Yet this has nothing to do with being a man. I always tried to be a man despite the hairloss.

dralex

My Regimen
Reaction score
You need to shave it with no guard and accept your inferiority.

It will suck at first but it will become easier with time, as you start accepting your inferiority.

There's a reason you're so anxious, you just need to come to terms with it.

Oh and it = your inferiority of course.
I'm sorry but your situation doesn't apply to everyone. Shaving one's head is not always the answer. Some people would look absolutely horrible with a shaved head, while completely normal with hair. Shaving his head could be the answer, or it could be the beginning of a very dark path of regret and remorse. Some people need to fight their hair loss with everything possible and hang onto what they got, because the advice "just shave it bro", that mostly comes from NW0's and dudes in their 40s, isn't the answer for everyone.

dralex

My Regimen
Reaction score
It's not the answer, but once you hit NW4, you don't really have much of a choice.

At a point, you run out of options, and buzzing it down is your only option, unless you like the Riff Raff look.

Again, lol at "some people can't be bald!"

Do you think I like being forced to shave my head? Do you think I wouldn't look better with a normal head of hair?

Of course I would, but right now I have no choice, despite having had a hair transplant and being on the verge of getting another one.

I can't cry about how I can't be bald all day all night, it won't change reality: I just don't have enough hair to be able to grow it out.

And nothing out there short of running tranny game is going to change that reality for me.

"I can't be bald!"

Just LOL!
Such an ignorant answer. Everyone's facial features and head shape are different. Sure everyone looks better with hair, but some much much more than others. Hair loss does not affect everyone's looks the same, or even close to the same. Some people would look absolutely hideous bald. If you look hideous bald and being bald brought your looks from like a 7/8 to a 1/2 then feel I sorry for you, but there are definitely more options then shaving your head when you hit a NW4. You can still grow your hair out and just be balding. Lots of people actually look better balding with some hair, then bald, but for some reason everyone says to shave your head, because "bald is better than balding" LMAO. Also hair systems are an option. Anyone can be bald, but not everyone can look normal bald. As I've said your situation doesn't apply to everyone.

blackg

Reaction score
Such an ignorant answer. Everyone's facial features and head shape are different. Sure everyone looks better with hair, but some much much more than others. Hair loss does not affect everyone's looks the same, or even close to the same. Some people would look absolutely hideous bald. If you look hideous bald and being bald brought your looks from like a 7/8 to a 1/2 then feel I sorry for you, but there are definitely more options then shaving your head when you hit a NW4. You can still grow your hair out and just be balding. Lots of people actually look better balding with some hair, then bald, but for some reason everyone says to shave your head, because "bald is better than balding" LMAO. Also hair systems are an option. Anyone can be bald, but not everyone can look normal bald. As I've said your situation doesn't apply to everyone.
You nailed it, brother!

CaptainForehead

Reaction score

Dante92

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
I know, I'm not denying it, but what do you do as someone in my shoes with extremely aggressive hair loss at a young age that no current treatment will completely fix?

I'm not talking about shaving with a blade, I've never recommended that, you need some framing that having a visible horseshoe will provide.

Just don't walk around looking like Danny DeVito because you can be sure to say goodbye to women then.

Also, it's been established that hair systems are not an option. It just doesn't work.

Sometimes you just have to accept your inferiority and move on, because that's all you can do.

Thinking you won't look normal bald is a cope. I mean, unless you have an alien head shape, big ears and a deformed nose or what not (which in that case, you wouldn't really look much better with hair), no one is going to freak out or stare at you on the street.

Come on now, I've seen tens of thousands of bald men in my lifetime and rarely have I thought:

"Damn, he looks like a freak, but if he had hair, he would look good!"

Cope.

This. Just this. The cope is strong with many users here.

Reaction score
There is hair systems, you can have full hair instantly, if you need to.. And there is smp which is better than nothing and can make a frame around your face..

Guzam

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score

Oh man. I understand everything.

The sunlight. I can't wear a hat in the heat because my hat hair is completely unacceptable. The sunlight breaks through my thin frontal hair, revealing the scalp and the thin roots. Harrowing. Today I had the opportunity to not leave my house. Guess what, I took it. Spending time in solitude relieves me of some hair loss related anxiety. Sometimes I feel like that the only solution is to become a bald hermit. I can't shake off the feeling of disappointment and shame. I can't consider myself a young man my age. I have sh*t hair like an unlucky old man way past his prime.

This sh*t consumes me. I can't live like this for another ten years when I'll be 30, when being bald is AT LEAST A BIT acceptable. Ten years man.
I have no photos of my father from 17 to 30. At 17, fullhead, at 30 NW6. No photos. My mother told me that he was (is?) conscious about his hair loss. Man. More than ten years my father passed like this, and I am going to. The genetic shame is too strong to bear.

I feel like a failure. A disappointment to all: my friends, my girlfriend, my mother and my father, who probably hoped to not make a bald son.

I feel like sh*t. I need a f*****g cure.

Patrick_Bateman

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score

The sunlight. I can't wear a hat in the heat because my hat hair is completely unacceptable. The sunlight breaks through my thin frontal hair, revealing the scalp and the thin roots. Harrowing. Today I had the opportunity to not leave my house. Guess what, I took it. Spending time in solitude relieves me of some hair loss related anxiety. Sometimes I feel like that the only solution is to become a bald hermit. I can't shake off the feeling of disappointment and shame. I can't consider myself a young man my age. I have sh*t hair like an unlucky old man way past his prime.

This sh*t consumes me. I can't live like this for another ten years when I'll be 30, when being bald is AT LEAST A BIT acceptable. Ten years man.
I have no photos of my father from 17 to 30. At 17, fullhead, at 30 NW6. No photos. My mother told me that he was (is?) conscious about his hair loss. Man. More than ten years my father passed like this, and I am going to. The genetic shame is too strong to bear.

I feel like a failure. A disappointment to all: my friends, my girlfriend, my mother and my father, who probably hoped to not make a bald son.

311764432408832f19d83a5079594b2e_i-know-that-feel-face-meme-i-know-how-you-feel_1280-1112.png

buckthorn

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score

I'm so sorry man. I will be 35 soon. Don't know where the time went. I want a family and kids, but can't even go out on a date. Every where is thin now, and in the past 4 months, I've even lost the hair line. On the entire left, the first inch of hair line is literally 36 transplanted hairs. the right is thin, and soft, while the left each THICK donor hair has like a quarter inch between them, stick STRAIGHT up, and even have two and three hair grafts in there. If I pluck them, I will be NW3 on ONE side. Also, every hair has pitting around it. It's sickening. I could cope when somehow I had a bit of native hair there to disguise them, but somehow, I've lost every one on that side....

I would try and give you advice, but I have NO idea how to deal with this.

A family member is getting married next month, and all I am thinking about is how sickly I will look in front of my entire family and all my friends that still assume I have a full head of hair. This is from disguising it with toppix and such at special events. Now, if I put toppix on, it falls right through the hair and sits on the scalp... it looks terrible.

The day has come where I am out of options. Don't know how it could possibly happen this quick, but it has to be going on and off of finasteride... :(