"At least I'm not bald."

uncomfortable man

Reaction score
Just dropped in to share another anicdote from a page of my life.

Working the express lane at work, on register and this group of firefighters come in through my line. They are palling around with each other. So one fireman was recounting a conversation where someone mentioned his gut, by which he proceeded to say really loud right in front of me.."At least i'm not BALD!"
I suspect that was rehearsed just for me...if not then he might as well meant it for me.

We have all heard some nw1 say this at some point or another as if not being bald is a virtue unto itself. People acting like your commiting some hanus offence by just being bald. I thought firefighters were supposed to be morally upstanding folk, not glorified douchebags. In any case, my response was, "Ouch, I bet he'll remember that next time he gets to choose what genetics he is born with, huh?"

2bald2young

Experienced Member
Reaction score
You should have added; Well at least I am not a complete douchebag! Lucky me!

EvilLocks

Reaction score
How horrible! People like that makes me furious honestly. I give you credit for not punching him in the face actually. Some people just have no respect, but if it was them in your shoes it would have been a different situation.

Agustin Araujo

My Regimen
Reaction score
So one fireman was recounting a conversation where someone mentioned his gut, by which he proceeded to say really loud right in front of me.."At least i'm not BALD!"

It seems like that firefighter would be a careless arrogant one. Since he's a firefighter, maybe one day he'll get burned in a fire and lose all the hair on his head and all over his body. That would be a hard life lesson. Then he'll have respect not only for those with alopecia, he'll have respect for everyone else who has any kind of defect.

SayifDoit

Experienced Member
Reaction score
It could be comparable to someone who went through chemo to treat cancer.. I say that because both share one thing in common, you didn't have any choice in the matter. Hell who would choose to go bald unless you would die otherwise, makes me sick.
I can not believe I have to deal with baldness for the rest of my life

CaptainForehead

Reaction score
Just dropped in to share another anicdote from a page of my life.

Working the express lane at work, on register and this group of firefighters come in through my line. They are palling around with each other. So one fireman was recounting a conversation where someone mentioned his gut, by which he proceeded to say really loud right in front of me.."At least i'm not BALD!"
I suspect that was rehearsed just for me...if not then he might as well meant it for me.

We have all heard some nw1 say this at some point or another as if not being bald is a virtue unto itself. People acting like your commiting some hanus offence by just being bald. I thought firefighters were supposed to be morally upstanding folk, not glorified douchebags. In any case, my response was, "Ouch, I bet he'll remember that next time he gets to choose what genetics he is born with, huh?"

In this case, Person 1 said something negative about Person 2. Person 2 did the same thing back. I don't get what is there to be upset about. We know baldness is a negative in that it negatively impacts attractiveness. The same for having a gut.

Some of will respond "but a gut can be eliminated by dieting and exercise". To that I respond, what does that have to do with anything? Just because baldness cannot be reversed does not make it less of a negative.

And technically yes, not being bald is a plus point.
As is being tall.
And having certain facial features.
And having a deep voice.

resu

Reaction score
It's true, I know old NW1 losers and guess what? They always have their hair nicely cut and styled because at the end of the day they can always go to the barber to get a nice haircut, look into the mirror and feel good about themselves. Can you do the same? Doesn't matter if you cured cancer people would still think you were some loser that smokes all day and only sleeps 3 hours a night because you're addicted to online games.

Reactions: Raz

2bald2young

Experienced Member
Reaction score
It's true, I know old NW1 losers and guess what? They always have their hair nicely cut and styled because at the end of the day they can always go to the barber to get a nice haircut, look into the mirror and feel good about themselves. Can you do the same? Doesn't matter if you cured cancer people would still think you were some loser that smokes all day and sleeps 3 hours a night because you're addicted to online games.

So true...

2bald2young

Experienced Member
Reaction score
What these nw1's don't realize is that at any moment they can lose their hair. As I found out the hard way, just because you are young, have thick hair or are a nw1 now doesn't mean you are immune to this disease. It can hit any moment without a warning.

hellouser

My Regimen
Reaction score
What these nw1's don't realize is that at any moment they can lose their hair. As I found out the hard way, just because you are young, have thick hair or are a nw1 now doesn't mean you are immune to this disease. It can hit any moment without a warning.

I wish someone would make an example of one of these condescending assholes and SCALP their head with a knife down to an NW7 pattern. Then they'd know what its like to be bald with no cure in sight.

Fvcking morons.

hellouser

My Regimen
Reaction score
Depilatory wax on his NW5 area while he's passed out drunk. That should do the trick.

Even with only shaving these guys would run to their mom crying that they look like a monster.

And these are the same guys who will tell the balding men it's no big deal, "just shave it bro!"

Won't work... their hair will grow back to the same length in a few months (most guys have short hair). You'd need to completely remove the follicles. These privileged douchebags still have the safety net feeling that 'well, ive got a shaved head for a little while, it'll come back'

They'll NEVER understand what its like.

resu

Reaction score
These guys if they get a bad haircut their whole week is ruined, I see them with the hair all tightly cut and styled, they would lose it. Think Cristiano Ronaldo, imagine if he went bald in a stupid pattern like mine say a diffuse NW5 with vertex/mid scalp thinning, he would lose all his power like Samson.

hellouser

My Regimen
Reaction score
This is my cousin's last Facebook picture with his wife:

cousin.jpg

Ron-Paul_Its-Happening1.gif

Nadester

Experienced Member
Reaction score
I am also losing it like that too :-( .Sucks i could not enjoy my time properly. Temples eroding with some thinning at front. Curious what Norwood would that be??
@hellouser
LOL where do you get your gifs from??

uncomfortable man

Reaction score
Just because baldness cannot be reversed does not make it less of a negative

It's about not criticizing someone for something that cant be helped .It's a low blow because the person cant do anything about it. None of the things you listed are virtues. A virtue is how you choose to act and behave, qualities like patience, compassion, empathy, generosity, honesty.. not being tall, chisled and having a deep voice. Comprende?

CaptainForehead

Reaction score
It's about not criticizing someone for something that cant be helped .It's a low blow because the person cant do anything about it. None of the things you listed are virtues. A virtue is how you choose to act and behave, qualities like patience, compassion, empathy... not being tall, chisled and having a deep voice. Comprende?

True, but I would say not having a gut is not a "virtue". A virtue should be patience, compassion, empathy as you said.
So, if someone attacks based on physical appearance, retaliation based on looks is fair game IMHO.