"At least I'm not bald."

swingline747

My Regimen
Reaction score
"KG"? I dont know what that meand, but yes, I am in the Uk. I thought that the reason you dislike goatees is the main fact you are unable to grow a full one. My goatee is alittle fuller than the above pic. I used to have a really low depth to the goat, thus covering more of my face. The amount of crap I got of random strangers was incredible. The way people acted, I was the only male in the whole universe with a goatee(or a goatee of that size. I wonder if bikers get that much nonsense from society. Anyway, over the last 15mths I have shortened it and shortened it. Get less crap, but still way too much fixation of people. Its just a bit of fu**ing of natural hair on my chin and top lip, not some unusual entity.
Its funny, when I shaved the goat about 18mths ago and started to grow a full beard. After about 2wks of non shaving, I shaved the neckline, and thats when people noticed and praised(mostly). I grew it for 13wks without trimming,a dn according to society it became less of a beard than a poxy 2wks! Thats one thing I taken note, society despises thick facial hair. This designer stubble crap is extremley popular in the uk, its pathetic. BTWE, I only have the goatee because Im bald. If I had a full head of hair I would be clean shaven, or sport short, neat sideburns.

Kg = kilograms
Instead of pounds

Society here doesnt mind beards but they have to be tight and clean. Not willy nilly awkward growth.

like how this guy has it groomed all the same clip length

1ac28f022631e1924b05233a2e0a019c.jpg

people here do like these as well but in a business setting not so much

bdc8bfe05055f64cde67a9de5d68769b.jpg

I have very strange growth. My 5 oclock shadow will literally show up in like 2 hours after shaving then gets lazy and stays there for 3 days. then I get small bursts of beard growth. It would take me either 3 weeks or like 3 YEARS to grow that first one but i just never waited that long to find out.

I personally think beards look better though with a hair line. Bald with a thick beard looks odd unless you can really pull it off.

KkeXp3RfIkqf31uR.jpg
this guy doesnt to me
nor this one
images

jeff bridges kind of does actually

JeffImages99.jpg

Wish I was THIS old dude. stark white thick hair with an awesome beard.

28b7e328b66e71adcbd65a6413fb4523.jpg

always liked white hair

they say there is a style for everyone.... Id like to meet "them" so I can kick them in the neck

Reaction score
Beards and stubble is a style that in the UK too currently. I'm doing something like this at the moment, partly through being too lazy to shave. I have to comb my hair down to cover the recession but it's working well with the girls. Back and sides very short and I have a line put in wear I do my side parting (Barber's idea).

images

Never been into any kind of goaties, wouldn't even do one if they came into fashion. I have a square jaw and doing a goatie would hide that. Goaties are a good idea on people who don't have a defined jaw but it's an old trick many people are aware of, does help a bit.

I havent got a masculine jawline. Have also a weak chin, blonde eyebrows, soft cheeks, and a small mouth.....hence the goatee.

- - - Updated - - -

Kg = kilograms
Instead of pounds

Society here doesnt mind beards but they have to be tight and clean. Not willy nilly awkward growth.

like how this guy has it groomed all the same clip length

View attachment 31399

people here do like these as well but in a business setting not so much

View attachment 31400

I have very strange growth. My 5 oclock shadow will literally show up in like 2 hours after shaving then gets lazy and stays there for 3 days. then I get small bursts of beard growth. It would take me either 3 weeks or like 3 YEARS to grow that first one but i just never waited that long to find out.

I personally think beards look better though with a hair line. Bald with a thick beard looks odd unless you can really pull it off.

View attachment 31402
this guy doesnt to me
nor this one
images

jeff bridges kind of does actually

JeffImages99.jpg

Wish I was THIS old dude. stark white thick hair with an awesome beard.

View attachment 31401

always liked white hair

they say there is a style for everyone.... Id like to meet "them" so I can kick them in the neck

Thats why I wear a goatee instead of a full beard. Being blonde and ginger, you have to have some length for it to be "prominent", but as you stated, full thick beards are hard to pull off when bald, plus I have a fairly low cheekline. The goatee is simple, and goves me alittle frame to my face, without being overpowering, unlike a full beard. Society(certainly here in the uk) hates any facial hair that isnt stubble, or a full beard, and even then hair on ones head is usually a requirement to pull it off.

steveo1218

Established Member
Reaction score
I'm not surprised about the firefighters - I served in the police for a number of years and it's a very boysterous environment and anything goes with regards to banter ! And I mean anything ! What you don't realise these blokes are more close to each other than their wives - should a random person in a bar say that to him then the person would probably get a black eye!

- - - Updated - - -

Jeff bridges pulls off that look well . I kept my hair like that with a beard looks good for some

- - - Updated - - -

Actually I really like that look - way cool !

Reaction score
I'm not surprised about the firefighters - I served in the police for a number of years and it's a very boysterous environment and anything goes with regards to banter ! And I mean anything ! What you don't realise these blokes are more close to each other than their wives - should a random person in a bar say that to him then the person would probably get a black eye!

Doesnt excuse his behaviour. If he was any kind of man comfortable in his own skin, there would be no need to avert his ridicule onto a complete stranger, due too his insecurities. Just another worthless wan*er

steveo1218

Established Member
Reaction score
And +1 beards are definite the in thing in the uk at the mo !

- - - Updated - - -

Nope it doesn't excuse his behaviour , the firefighter without hair probably took 0 offence by it coming from his colleague . However there is a need to be professional around the public - he'd get a serious wrap across the knuckles if you'd complained

- - - Updated - - -

With regard to beards here in the uk guys grow a line along the jaw line to emphasise it - does look very good this way if you get it right

Reaction score
And +1 beards are definite the in thing in the uk at the mo !

- - - Updated - - -

Nope it doesn't excuse his behaviour , the firefighter without hair probably took 0 offence by it coming from his colleague . However there is a need to be professional around the public - he'd get a serious wrap across the knuckles if you'd complained

- - - Updated - - -

With regard to beards here in the uk guys grow a line along the jaw line to emphasise it - does look very good this way if you get it right

Getting the jawline right is paramount. Too high and it will look too tight, almost clown looking. I think growing out the neck hair is more natural, but hey, women dont like that. What a woman likes is all that matters in this looks obsessed, metrosexual world right!

VeprSuper

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Man, that dude with the white hair and beard looks badass. Kind of a Zeus thing going on.

Wolf Pack

My Regimen
Reaction score
I havent got a masculine jawline. Have also a weak chin, blonde eyebrows, soft cheeks, and a small mouth.....hence the goatee.

- - - Updated - - -

Thats why I wear a goatee instead of a full beard. Being blonde and ginger, you have to have some length for it to be "prominent", but as you stated, full thick beards are hard to pull off when bald, plus I have a fairly low cheekline. The goatee is simple, and goves me alittle frame to my face, without being overpowering, unlike a full beard. Society(certainly here in the uk) hates any facial hair that isnt stubble, or a full beard, and even then hair on ones head is usually a requirement to pull it off.

Don't do a goatie, doesn't sound like it looks right and also it's not the in look. You can only pull off alternative stuff if you're really good looking. Otherwise follow the crowd, girls really pick up on basic fashion stuff for guys. You could consider dying your hair and stubble, like a dark brown colour or something.

I would keep stubble, natural looking, keep trimming it once it's a good length, don't create any artificial neck/jaw lines, not a good idea with stubble only with beards.

If this is not appealing, keep a thin line at the bottom of your chin no moustache or anything. Do short back and sides to look a little more masculine.

I'd do this in your position

uncomfortable man

Reaction score
Shaving off the facial hair wouldnt have made any difference. Im still bald if not more bald with a clean face but is extremely unsettling as I look like a wierd manequin. Facial hair is a must if your bald. I dont recomend the generic gt stamp. But something that copliments your face. I actually have a full on handle bar mustache waxing up the curly tips and everything. I also have the chin beard but it triangulates along my jawline and doesnt connect with my moustache. It is a little extravagant but it suits me. If someone takes offence to my appearance then I can attribute it to my moustche. though I know full well it is probably the combination of the two that some are fiding offputting. It doesnt matter the combination, as long as baldness is in the picture it will be disagreeable period. In other words, while facial hair may help it is not enough to be a saving grace. Nothing fully counteracts the baldness aesthetics wise as it upstages everything else by a country mile.

swingline747

My Regimen
Reaction score
Getting the jawline right is paramount. Too high and it will look too tight, almost clown looking. I think growing out the neck hair is more natural, but hey, women dont like that. What a woman likes is all that matters in this looks obsessed, metrosexual world right!

I never shave my neck. I hate that.
I will fade it but I also have a pretty hairy chest so it's not that bad

steveo1218

Established Member
Reaction score
Shaving off the facial hair wouldnt have made any difference. Im still bald if not more bald with a clean face but is extremely unsettling as I look like a wierd manequin. Facial hair is a must if your bald. I dont recomend the generic gt stamp. But something that copliments your face. I actually have a full on handle bar mustache waxing up the curly tips and everything. I also have the chin beard but it triangulates along my jawline and doesnt connect with my moustache. It is a little extravagant but it suits me. If someone takes offence to my appearance then I can attribute it to my moustche. though I know full well it is probably the combination of the two that some are fiding offputting. It doesnt matter the combination, as long as baldness is in the picture it will be disagreeable period. In other words, while facial hair may help it is not enough to be a saving grace. Nothing fully counteracts the baldness aesthetics wise as it upstages everything else by a country mile.
good drills with the beard , have you got your buzzed to a zero ?

uncomfortable man

Reaction score
But why? You certainly have got brains.

Yes and thank you for that, but there are different kinds of intelligence. I've always considered myself to be emotionally inteligent in that Im more in touch with my emotions and at articulating them. Not really the kind of smarts that can be applied to any marketable skill. A councelor perhaps. Meh.

The area I live in and grew up is currently undergoing gentrification. Its getting to the point where you cant afford to live here unless you are an IT engineer. Its all money and greed here in the silicon valley. Such a shame.

swingline747

My Regimen
Reaction score
Yes and thank you for that, but there are different kinds of intelligence. I've always considered myself to be emotionally inteligent in that Im more in touch with my emotions and at articulating them. Not really the kind of smarts that can be applied to any marketable skill. A councelor perhaps. Meh.

The area I live in and grew up is currently undergoing gentrification. Its getting to the point where you cant afford to live here unless you are an IT engineer. Its all money and greed here in the silicon valley. Such a shame.

UC
Feel this way, silicone is pretty much the way of the past now. The future is in DNA computing and when that happens Silicone Valley will become DEAD. Everyone there who thinks they are hot **** will pretty much be penniless.

Exodus2011

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
DNA computing . . . .the thing they mentioned on transformers? lol

I had heard somewhere that they were going to have to drastically change the foundation of computer technology to advance more . . . . but i forgot exactly how it was put.

swingline747

My Regimen
Reaction score
I thought quantum was the next step to get around the heat limitations.

That to but organic material/DNA computing will take care of heat, speed, storage capacity and longevity. Silicone breaks down over time where most of the biological components will not or will last much longer. Its not like Im a wiz on this stuff I just saw a pretty good special on it recently lol.