At A Crossroads. Hair Loss At The At Crown.

tykouu

Reaction score
0C743316-3E73-4E31-8856-25A5C75E922D.jpeg
32 yo and feel like I’ve been clinging onto my hair, but I haven’t been happy with it for a long time.

current treatment is rogaine foam 1x/day
Saw palmetto, multivitamin, Fish oil supplement

I workout regularly. I tried finasteride, but I had bad side effects.

do I just keep using rogaine, or just shave it off? Would love some objective thoughts and opinions. thanks!

OfficialWater

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Amazing hairline but yeah keep on the rogaine and you need to do it 2x daily. It finasteride doesn’t work upgrade to dutasteride

tykouu

Reaction score
Thanks, I would like to try dutasteride, but have no idea how to get a prescription for it?

Derelict

My Regimen
Reaction score
If you had sides severe enough to warrant stop taking finasteride then i would avoid dutasteride, you are in an unwinnable battle without a 5ari sadly.

Last edited:

Eren

Established Member
Reaction score
Apart from the crown where the hair loss is obvious, your hair looks very good. Amazing hair line.

You could try topical finasteride if you're able to get that. Sadly, I don't know where one could acquire topical versions of finasteride or dutasteride. That seems to be your only hope.

Guglielmo123

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I am going to look into it and consider trying it. Otherwise I guess I’ll just start shaving my head :(
Bro its not even that bad get over it and enjoy it while you got it. Never understand why dudes opt on shaving their head bald when they still got hair like this, grow it out some more and chill. Just cause your thinning like that on the scalp dont mean its going to progress an get worse.. Ik dudes who were thinning on their crowns 10+ years ago and still have the same amount of hair. I truly believe not all hairs on the scalp are Dht sensitive , depe ding on what you inherited genetically