At 50 Is It Worth Starting On finasteride

thinincrown

Established Member
Reaction score
Im 47 and took it for about 10 years, worked wonders for about 6 or 7 years then started to loose its effectiveness.

You will ejaculate less, which unless youre Peter North is no real big deal, but as I got older it definately was harder to get harder, and I had less interest in sex, which sucks :(

Since I stopped taking it a while back, the changes to my sex life have been pretty dramatic. More libido and much better performance, and there is noticably more semen production.

wife is happier too :bravo:

dont be too freaked out to ry it becasue any sides should disappear after discontinuation.....BUT your mleage may vary

Esprit

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Lakota

How is your hair now?
When you say lost effectiveness, in what way, fall out, or no regrowth etc?

I could give Peter North a run for his money :punk:

Ya see, the less interest in sex bit I just can't believe that will happen.....

thinincrown

Established Member
Reaction score
Esprit said:
Lakota

How is your hair now?
When you say lost effectiveness, in what way, fall out, or no regrowth etc?

crown started to thin up again, so yea a little more fall out. The quallity and over all appearance became "less full" and not as vibrant, more lifeless, didnt grow as fast, and my scalp was getting more itchy.

I could have stayed on it, and Im sure it would continued to help a little, but at my age I need all the libido I can get. I have been pretty good w/ out it quite honestly w/ spironolactone, t-flav, nizoral, and fluridil.

Also a fair amount of supps which have completely elimnated inflamation and itching.... fish oil, taurine/green tea/zinc (home made "Hair Mass" combo) I also take the Natural Prostate Formula through LEF. I gotta box of RU in my freezer that I will eventually start mixing up.....

Esprit

Experienced Member
Reaction score
OK, need to check these out as I'm unaware of them
w/ spironolactone, t-flav, nizoral, and fluridil. ?

I've been drinking green tea for 10 odd years, and alone it's not made an iota of difference to my hair loss.

Risugo

Established Member
Reaction score
Esprit said:
I've been drinking green tea for 10 odd years, and alone it's not made an iota of difference to my hair loss.
Espirit, a off-topic question,
Do you believe that green tea kept your body fat (and your weight) controlled?

Esprit

Experienced Member
Reaction score
I'd have to say no in my case. I probably drink about 4 to 5 mugs of Green tea every day, and have done for over ten years. I can definitely tell you it does nothing for the good of hair, categorically. But weight control, I really don't think so. Pre green tea I drank jasmine for 10 years before that also. Normal english tea I've not drunk for over 20 years...

hairrific

Established Member
Reaction score
Esprit said:

I know what you mean and me thinks you are going to be right.
I was that way too and if you are that way now, your gonna just love the finasteride even more. Seems to me that if you have a high libido or high testosterone before finasteride then less chance of having any problems while on finasteride.

Esprit

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Thanks Hairrific, Interesting....... I'm just waiting for this bout of Summer flu, sore throat to stop pissing me off, and I'll start on it. I shall obviously report back when I've done the first week. I know you guys still take it with all the flu medicines, but I want to wait till I'm 'healthier'.

What percentage Nizoral do you guys all take, is there much difference with the 1/2%?

thinincrown

Established Member
Reaction score
Esprit said:
w/ spironolactone, t-flav, nizoral, and fluridil. ?.

that would be....

spironolactone = 5% spironolactone cream
t-flav = t-flavanone
nizoral- nizoral 1% shampoo
fluridil = search "eucapil"

Lanihenderson

Reaction score
Esprit said:
What percentage Nizoral do you guys all take, is there much difference with the 1/2%?
whats the deal with effectiveness here...
http://www.hairlosshelp.com/html/nizoral1study.cfm
This study seems to suggest that 1% is more effective than 2%? Although ive seen so many posters claim that the only effective version is the 2%..
but, I only use natural solutions, such as Matthew Gardson method. some hairs start to fill, then it's more effective for me

Esprit

Experienced Member
Reaction score
lakota said:
Esprit said:
w/ spironolactone, t-flav, nizoral, and fluridil. ?.

that would be....

spironolactone = 5% spironolactone cream
t-flav = t-flavanone
nizoral- nizoral 1% shampoo
fluridil = search "eucapil"

Thanks. are these products more/less effective than the known Rogaine/finasteride etc?