Association of Fibrosis in Bulge Portion with Hair Follicle Miniaturization in Androgenetic Alopecia

Jakejr

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I think calcification & fibrosis is an integral part of the unified theory of male pattern baldness.
We can’t see it, doctors don’t treat it, but we know it’s there.
In last 2 weeks, I started taking magnesium supplements & applying magnesium oil to scalp. I added taurine supplements & taurine powder to magnesium oil. My hair seems to be getting thicker. If I find another useful supplement I’ll add that too.
Perhaps the problem is scalp blockage because of calcification/fibrosis. Until we clear the scalp of these the hair won’t grow optimally.

whatevr

My Regimen
Reaction score

Hahaha, what? Let's see what I said.

"Pretty simple to counteract Fibrosis with Taurine (topical). Great at fighting TGF-beta. Too bad it makes me very tired and sleepy.
We should look at some others. Curcumin, NAC, also sorta work but in my experience worse than Taurine."

"The ROS / TGF-beta angle doesn't seem to be a major one. None of the things on that pathway that I've used (Tempol, NAC/glutathione, Taurine, T-flavanone) have even slowed down my hair loss.
You'd probably have more success putting liposomal vitamin C (magnesium ascorbyl phosphate) on your head - DKK1 seems to be a bigger player than TGF-beta."

These two statements are the opposite to you? I swear the IQ around here gets lower every day. Taurine is good at fighting TGF-beta and hence, fibrosis, that's a fact.

Blocking TGF-beta alone did not stop my hair loss. Also a fact.

I really don't know what's hard to comprehend here. The logical conclusion is you're going to need to cover more angles to stop hair loss, so you may as well shift your narrow focus away from fibrosis if you think that is going to be enough to stop baldness.

Jakejr

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I’m trying this.. tried everything else.. lol!

Attachments

• 9B9957D6-0774-444C-8452-D66A4B5C2EC5.jpeg
    9B9957D6-0774-444C-8452-D66A4B5C2EC5.jpeg
    86.7 KB · Views: 131

Poppyburner

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
FYI, the actual mechanism of action for STS on calcification dissolution is unknown to science:

'Sodium Thiosulfate: Mythical Treatment for a Mysterious Disease?'​

https://cjasn.asnjournals.org/content/8/7/1068 [July, 2013]

I've also recently started using topical citric acid for the same purpose, which to my understanding should have a clearer and more direct effect on suspected calcium phosphate deposits in the scalp.

Armando Jose

My Regimen
Reaction score
Inflammation is an alert signal, not a bad process , diferent of a persistent inflammation .
IMO sebum deterioration is the first event.