Asmed 2000 Grafts 8 Months Post-op, So Far Disappointing Results.

AlexMarx

My Regimen
Reaction score
Hello,

I went through FUE hair transplant at ASMED in Istanbul with 2000 grafts placed into temples and frontline.

Originally I was not planning to write a review but the results that I've got so far are so frustrating that I can do nothing but share my progress and get opinion from the forum community.

I'm on 8th month post-op and my results are far by miles from what I expected judging by cherry picked photos on their website. Right now transplanted area looks like am heavily receded, you can clearly see my scalp with some hairs sticking on top of it.

I don't want to be all negative, so I will stress out that the clinic is very clean and staff was extremely friendly, but all the that aren't that important once the result I see in the mirror is below mediocrity.
frown.gif

I will make some photos and videos tonight and will post them here and on YouTube.

Regards

Last edited:

AlexMarx

My Regimen
Reaction score
imgur.com/a/v8pHZl7

Here is what I'm talking about.
Clinic keeps saying to wait for thicker hair, but there are simply not enough survived grafts to cover transplanted area.

At this point I need some recommendations on what to do next and suggestions on surgeon who can fix this.

Rocknroutlaw

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Are there any photos pre-op and shortly post-op?
It is difficult to see how much of the grafts look to have survived looking at this pic only.
The temples are right next to your thick native hair, no doubt it will look thin in contrast. While it is unrealistic to expect the same density as native hair,I agree with you... I would have thought the scalp shouldn't be see-thru.

Don't forget if some shedding happened quite late, you would need to wait at least three more months before those more recently shedded hair grow back again.

Mine is looking slow at just over 4 months post-op, but because much of the hair shedded around 3 months, I don't expect them back until at least 6-7 months' mark.

Last edited:

Abi28

My Regimen
Reaction score
These results worry me a bit since I am scheduled for surgery with Asmed, not sure where to go at this point..

Abi28

My Regimen
Reaction score
Any updates? I have seen the video that you posted on youtube, it matches with the picture you posted here, you are definitely lacking density and for 2000 grafts your hair should look better since you have a lot of native hair in the middle.

Keep us updated man, I know this is hard for you, I had bad experiences myself and it hurts, hopefully things will get better in the next few months.

Abi28

My Regimen
Reaction score
Thanks for the update, I know how hard this is for you, the results are definitely not good, if I was you I wouldn't go back again for a free touch up, I suggest you to contact Dr Keser, good luck.

Last edited:

AlexMarx

My Regimen
Reaction score
I will not go for the free touch-up. Their results are dreadful.

I already asked for the reimbursement. Lets see how it goes, yes probably I go to dr Keser.

Dremon

My Regimen
Reaction score
I will not go for the free touch-up. Their results are dreadful.

I already asked for the reimbursement. Lets see how it goes, yes probably I go to dr Keser.

Hey mate. I am in a very similar situation to yours and they also offered me a free touch up. Of course, I don't feel confident at all and I can't risk another failed transplant. That would be terrible.

Can you please tell me what the outcome of having asked for a refund was? Did they give it to you?

Many thanks.

S14a

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
This sounds typical of ASMED's current form. I was banned on another forum for calling his results out (hairestorationetwork...he pays them for advertising!)

Haironnu

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Isn't koray erdogan is counted as one of the best?
I guess no matter how good their reputation is there is always a risk