Asking An Advise For Hair Loss For Newbie.

Ice Mountain

My Regimen
Reaction score
hi,

im new here and 32 years old. attached is my current hair condition.

should i start with finasteride 1mg regime or just using minoxidil first and see the result, or
using both starting today? im well aware about the sides to losing my 'bro'.

thanks.

Attachments

• 20181107_073342.jpg
    20181107_073342.jpg
    124.7 KB · Views: 133
  • 20181107_073311.jpg
    20181107_073311.jpg
    92.3 KB · Views: 115
  • 20181107_113055.jpg
    20181107_113055.jpg
    124.6 KB · Views: 105
Last edited:

Roberto_72

My Regimen
Reaction score
It looks like you are thinning. Finasteride and minoxidil can help you. We have little else in pharmacies at the moment.

AlexJay80

My Regimen
Reaction score
Use both. You're in a really good position. Why?

Your hair loss is obviously slow because you're 32 and you're still a Norwood 2 with minor diffuse thinning primarily at the crown. This is a good position to be in. You'll likely see very big gains with Finasteride and Minoxidil.

I'm 37 and went from a Norwood 3 Vertex to a Norwood 2 in just under 3 months. Had a noticeably thinning crown and now I don't. It's now almost impossible to see any thinning in even harsh, artificial light.

My hair has changed immensely using Finasteride, Minoxidil and a caffeine shampoo called JoBaz. Here's my recent thread with pictures: https://www.hairlosstalk.com/intera...2-5-months-crazy-results.118301/#post-1730871

Negative side effects are experienced by a very small number of people. I've had none apart from feeling permanently horny due to increased testosterone levels. This is what Finasteride does because it stops testosterone being converted into Dihydrotestosterone (DHT).

Word of advice though: the first month was very tough as I shed massively and this was compounded by the fact that I got a buzz cut. I looked like I was diffusing to a Norwood 6 and my hair was definitely worse than before I started my treatments . Thankfully, my hair is now so, so different.

Just do it.

Night

Established Member
Reaction score
I would do finasteride first for a year and then if you don't get thicking you want add Min. These are life long commitments and it's nice to know how well each piece if your refiment is working. IMO Min is a hassle and it would suck using it daily for the rest of your life without knowing if it's actually working.

Plus the fight for hairloss is a long term battle. I don't think there is anything wrong with starting finasteride only and adding min in a year.

AlexJay80

My Regimen
Reaction score
@Night - Disagree Nick Drake. ;-)

Minoxidil generally acts far faster but hair growth is likely to peak earlier. It's not that much of a hassle either particularly in extra strength foam. Piece of piss to apply.

If the OP wants to see change quickly, he needs Minoxidil in his life immediately.

Finasteride takes longer to work its magic but is a better solution long term with regards to maintenance and keeping balding at bay because it blocks DHT.

If you're going to use Finasteride, then you need to do Minoxidil. It's that simple.