Askas' story (pics included)

The Rock

Established Member
Reaction score
nah i say throw it in there now, cuz ur kinda advanced so u just take a full on attack appraoch

SE-freak

Reaction score
Yeah, go for the big. And don't bother with the 2% -throw in 5%. If you are worried about having more potent solutions to fall back to, there are already higher concentrations of minoxidil available.

SE-freak

Reaction score
askas said:
Thank you guys,I think you are right.Perhaps finasteride is just for maintaining,but I have already lost 40-50%...what else to lose?)

That renders you immune to the shed terror. Only up from here.

junior_senior

Reaction score
I took a look at your pictures, and I seem to have almost the same hairline and same density of hair. I was considering getting on finasteride/nizoral.... Should I also consider adding in topicals such as minoxidil??

My understanding was that you shouldn't add minoxidil until a significant amount of time has passed after commencing your finasteride regimen.

wow....confused...

SE-freak

Reaction score
If you have the same hairline and density then you will need some regrowth. Inhibitors often maintenance. If you respond exceptionally may give regrowth too.

If you feel good with your hair now and want to give finasteride some time you might try it by itself for a year and then add minoxidil. But it would definately be ok if you started on the finasteride/minoxidil/nizoral combo right now.

SE-freak

Reaction score
askas said:
If I would be like se-freak,with small loss

My loss is mainly located in the vertex area, but in no way small. It is pretty severe to be precise.

I am currently using minoxidil too.

mogadon

Established Member
Reaction score
askas, may i ask the photo's you have is that how you wear your hair,?

if so i really think you should crop it shorter, that style really is not flattering, get on propecia fast with a high percent monoxidil, and just buzz it shorter while your treatments kick in.

maybe im wrong but i think it will look alot better,and then a year or so down the line when your treatments really start to kick in,then perhaps grow it a bit longer if you like.

Justlooking

Established Member
Reaction score
Generally the more hair you lose the shorter you should keep it. You should try to buzz it very short and see if you like it better. If not, in a few weeks it will be back to where it is now.

mogadon

Established Member
Reaction score
ok askas, you can get very good minoxidil from dr.lee's website , its called xandrox

http://www.minoxidil.com they do 5%, 12% and even up to 15%,your be growing hair in no time :freaked2:

,everyone likes his minoxidil do you have a credit card,use that

good luck

mogadon

Established Member
Reaction score
yes askas you do what you think best you can start with 2% and see how you get on, with xandrox you do get the extra benefit of azelaic acid in it,which stops dht,

but as i say,you could try 2% first and see how you go there,im sure you will do good,starting with that

SE-freak

Reaction score
IMO you have nothing to gain using 2% except less regrowth.

If you are not in need of regrowth, skip minoxidil altogether.

RS

Reaction score
askas, at what rate did your hair start falling out? Did you notice it falling out? Or just notice your hairline creeping back/loss of density?

Currently, I would say that in 4 years, I might be like this. Let's just hope I either a) Learn to accept it or b) have enough money for a hairtransplant

Goddluck! :wink: