Ashton Kutcher Has Been On Dutasteride For Many Years And Recently Quit

jetlife1

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Hi everyone,

Just came across this article, title says it all: https://www.google.com/amp/m.eonlin...ding-drinking-and-robot-sex-in-candid-podcast

As a 22 year old Norwood 1.5 on Propecia trying to maintain as long as possible, do you guys think he would have had as much success had he chosen to go on finasteride instead of dutasteride? Also, his dad is bald as can be so it just goes to show you how effective these antiandrogens are when it comes to stopping hair loss.

Raphael13

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
If only finasteride could have a permanent effect without you being depended on it, then balding would more or less be cured. But now you need to take it......forever? If im not mistaken, else you lose hair again.

jetlife1

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
True. That's why finasteride and dutasteride are considered treatments. Because when you stop taking it, the male pattern baldness will resume. Ashton stated that his hair started to thin again since he stopped taking it, but it seems that it worked the whole time he was on it.

Bigbone

Established Member
Reaction score
He would probably be good with finasteride only considering he stopped treatments 5 years ago and still has great hair. Just cuz his father's bald doesn't mean he will be.

jetlife1

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
He would probably be good with finasteride only considering he stopped treatments 5 years ago and still has great hair. Just cuz his father's bald doesn't mean he will be.

With regard to not losing hair quickly after stopping long term treatment, I found this post on another thread by @Wolf Pack to be very interesting: "I've seen some anecdotal evidence that people who have been on finasteride/dutasteride for ages and then stop, they don't lose hair. I know it goes against all science about "catch up hair loss" but we don't know everything. It could be that they have a minor hair loss pattern but I think the follicles in these individuals are sufficiently healed without DHT all these years and will take a lot longer to strangle them again. There's also the possibility that the individual has hypgonadism and low levels of male hormones after treatment - obviously unlikely."

Bigbone

Established Member
Reaction score
With regard to not losing hair quickly after stopping long term treatment, I found this post on another thread by @Wolf Pack to be very interesting:"I've seen some anecdotal evidence that people who have been on finasteride/dutasteride for ages and then stop, they don't lose hair. I know it goes against all science about "catch up hair loss" but we don't know everything. It could be that they have a minor hair loss pattern but I think the follicles in these individuals are sufficiently healed without DHT all these years and will take a lot longer to strangle them again. There's also the possibility that the individual has hypgonadism and low levels of male hormones after treatment - obviously unlikely."

I mean we don't know but studies say you'll keep losing after stopping treatment. I also find it a lot more likely that those who experience minor hair loss after stopping just had non-aggressive hair loss. If we're going with "anecdotal evidence" I can find you some weird things.

We have to assume Kutches has slow loss based on what we know. It's also the most logical explanation. He even said that he noticed his hair thinning one year after stopping dutasteride.