as

Sir_LagaLot

Established Member
Reaction score
its posts like these that scare the CRAP out of me....the stats as it seems...are not 2% people facing sides but at LEAST 20 % ..either initially or even later!....bah...
"finasteride, a safe drug for hairloss"

dead

Experienced Member
Reaction score
the_krush said:
its posts like these that scare the CRAP out of me....the stats as it seems...are not 2% people facing sides but at LEAST 20 % ..either initially or even later!....bah...

idiot :roll:

choko

Reaction score
Yea had all the sideeffects...(exept gyna..thank god)...it took me between 2-3 months to get back to my normal self...

andwoo77

Reaction score
choko,

were you completely impotent, or could you achieve weakened erections? and you also had watery semen? how long were you on the drug for? i was on for about 8 months, with a one month break in the middle

gonna_win

Experienced Member
Reaction score
been on finasteride for about 7 months now, I have had no side efffects.

G

the_krush said:

Mr Krush,

Before post statements like that, have a little think about why people are on this site and also take into consideration the scientific studies that have been carried out on Finasteride.

Then take into account that people who don't have side-effects from Finasteride (around 98% of users) have got no-reason to post on this site about 'Not having side-effects'.

People generally post because they are worried about something not because they are having good success with finasteride and no side-effects.

Just to put it in perspective for you - have a look at a packet of Paracetamol or Ibuprofen - two drugs that are used everyday by far more people than use finasteride - and check out the possible side-effects it lists. You'll find a lot more than Finasteride lists.

Your judgement is swayed only because drugs like Paracetamol and Ibuprofen are far more socially acceptable to take than finasteride.

Sir_LagaLot

Established Member
Reaction score
Mr neiltom..
i believe its not my judgement that is swayed but that you are rather gullible when it comes to believing stats provided by the manufacturers themselves. i have a merck pamhplet in my hand given to my by a chemist....these stats if you would plz take the time out and verify for yourself...are twice as the ones mentioned on their website regarding sides..

i just recently started finasteride...why? because i have no other choice..but that doesnt mean i'm in denial about the sides. i probably have read up on it a whole lot more than you have..so just because it worked for you and few others doesnt mean others arent going through the sides..

i have gone through almost every feedback post on these forums and the rest, in fact..there are complete websites out there that just focus on the sides of finasteride alone...people who continue facing the sexual dysfunction sides of the drug even after quitting it for MONTHS.

this leaflet i have...do read ..maybe next time you'll do a more thorough research on meds before you start administering them to yourself, and do take the time out and count the number of people on this website alone who are complaining of sides and the number of people who dont and dont say something like "most of the people on the web are those facing sides and the success stories go unreported" thats just crap people tell themselves to help em sleep at night cause i for one dont really believe i'm the ONLY one who didnt even know what finasteride was till a couple of weeks ago, i just came online looking for a solution and reading feedback of the drugs.

"4.9% (74) patients were discontinued from treatment due to side effects associated with PROPECIA compared with 3.3% (50) patients treated with placebo. 3.7 % patients treated with PROPECIA discontinued therapy as a result of side effects related to sexual function, which were the most reported side effects.

"In the first year of study, impotence was reported in 8.1% of patients treated with PROSCAR; decreased libido was reported in 6.4%"

these stats keep changing and this is a MERCK leaflet. their stats are STILL way WAY off..

for Gods sake, we've got people here who're complaining of even PERMANENT effects of the med....who are you to ignore them all just cause it worked for you? its working for me too btw..so far.

and...paracetemol ?... the side effects of paracetemol firstly are *EXTREMELY* rare... its either an allergic reaction or a rash if i'm right...please tell me you arent comparing a rash to impotency?? what next...ferraris and smart cars?

choko

Reaction score
6 months on the drug, got these bad side effects, slowly my errections got worse and worse...no desire for sex at all..no morning wood..

So quited the drug...eat tons of l-aragine, and 3 months later I was "normal" agein..

And I took 1mg a day..

But stupid as I am, im back on the drug now..0.25 mg a day, trying to see if I get the sides again...because finasteride is my only hope to keep my hair...ive been on topicals the last 5 months, and they drive me crazy..

Sir_LagaLot

Established Member
Reaction score
glad to hear you're back to normal choko...what was your dosage before? ..why not try 1/4 proscar every other day?...cause i heard micro dosages dont really work.

and another thing, you were on it for 6 months but how long after you 'started' did u experiance sides ...and they just kept getting worse throughout the 6 months?

any maintenance/regrowth?

choko

Reaction score
1.25 mg....dunno why I wrote 1mg before..

I maintained very well the six month, the side effects appeared around 3-4 months into the treatment. Its not happening from day to day, its over a long period were it got worse..

I do believe microdoses work..0.25mg a day should be enough for me, my hairloss isnt very aggressive, all I need is to kill some of the dht, and then im sure with the combination of nizoral, that I will maintain.

G

Because people have been indoctrinated by horror stories, suddenly every thing that is wrong with them is now due to finasteride.

Psychosomatic my friend

whatthehell

Reaction score
been on 1/6 proscar every other day aka .44mg finasteride a day for near 3 weeks, no side effects, infact im hornier!!

plus nizoral 2%

nooc

Established Member
Reaction score
1/4 Proscar every second day.
3 months so far.
Hair thickening and regrowing in temples.
No sides at all.

G

the_krush said:
Mr neiltom..
i believe its not my judgement that is swayed but that you are rather gullible when it comes to believing stats provided by the manufacturers themselves. i have a merck pamhplet in my hand given to my by a chemist....these stats if you would plz take the time out and verify for yourself...are twice as the ones mentioned on their website regarding sides..

i just recently started finasteride...why? because i have no other choice..but that doesnt mean i'm in denial about the sides. i probably have read up on it a whole lot more than you have..so just because it worked for you and few others doesnt mean others arent going through the sides..

i have gone through almost every feedback post on these forums and the rest, in fact..there are complete websites out there that just focus on the sides of finasteride alone...people who continue facing the sexual dysfunction sides of the drug even after quitting it for MONTHS.

this leaflet i have...do read ..maybe next time you'll do a more thorough research on meds before you start administering them to yourself, and do take the time out and count the number of people on this website alone who are complaining of sides and the number of people who dont and dont say something like "most of the people on the web are those facing sides and the success stories go unreported" thats just crap people tell themselves to help em sleep at night cause i for one dont really believe i'm the ONLY one who didnt even know what finasteride was till a couple of weeks ago, i just came online looking for a solution and reading feedback of the drugs.

"4.9% (74) patients were discontinued from treatment due to side effects associated with PROPECIA compared with 3.3% (50) patients treated with placebo. 3.7 % patients treated with PROPECIA discontinued therapy as a result of side effects related to sexual function, which were the most reported side effects.

"In the first year of study, impotence was reported in 8.1% of patients treated with PROSCAR; decreased libido was reported in 6.4%"

these stats keep changing and this is a MERCK leaflet. their stats are STILL way WAY off..

for Gods sake, we've got people here who're complaining of even PERMANENT effects of the med....who are you to ignore them all just cause it worked for you? its working for me too btw..so far.

and...paracetemol ?... the side effects of paracetemol firstly are *EXTREMELY* rare... its either an allergic reaction or a rash if i'm right...please tell me you arent comparing a rash to impotency?? what next...ferraris and smart cars?

idiot

Sir_LagaLot

Established Member
Reaction score
moron..

Cornholio

Established Member
Reaction score
the_krush said:
Mr neiltom..

If you are complaining about numbers changing, I hope you arent comparing the two numbers you listed above, as they are for propecia 1mg finasteride and proscar 5mg finasteride... different doses, different study, different study population. They should be different.

I have a theory that there are two people on the internet who post under many different names, rehashing their same propecia experience as if they never had posted before. May not be true, but it seems that way.

G

I have been taking 1.25mg Finasteride daily for almost a year, I have had no side effects whatsoever but I don't post about that fact because it is not something i think about all of the time.

Anyone who does get these side-effects will be far more likely to post about it making it look as if the % of people with side effects is higher.

I just get fed up of posts like yours because it could lead to one or more newbies coming to this website reading your post and shitting themselves about finasteride and losing their hair because they decided not to take it.

Ol'MacDee

Reaction score
I was gonna start a topic about the exact same thing. I been on Proscar 1/4 a day for about 6months and noticed a few weeks in that my seaman was way waterier and has these weird jello like clumps in it. My libido has maintained pretty strong so its really only the weird consistency of my seaman that worries me.

norain

Reaction score
TynanW said:
the_krush said:

idiot :roll:
:punk: