Article on Samumed's Osman Kibar - Baldness/Aging Cure

hellouser

My Regimen
Reaction score
Cf7_HjEUsAAASgu.jpg

Source:
http://www.forbes.com/sites/matthewherper/2016/04/13/the-god-pill/

We all know, at least from the initial Phase I and II clinical trials of Samumed's STILL unknown formula, it is not a cure (yet, 3 month data is not reliable a final result).

Afro_Vacancy

My Regimen
Reaction score
This reads like a puff piece, not surprising given Forbes' lack of credibility.

I want to believe, but:

1) This is Forbes Magazine;
2) Small reversals of arthritis, wrinkles, and baldness are not the same as "reverse ageing";
3) It really stretches credulity to believe that this man came first and second in his first two poker tournaments, including second at a very prestigious poker tournament. That's not the same as reading a chess book and then dominating some losers in a chess club, he went to an elite poker tournament and came 2nd against a lot of experts. Something doesn't add up there.

hellouser

My Regimen
Reaction score
This reads like a puff piece, not surprising given Forbes' lack of credibility.

I want to believe, but:

1) This is Forbes Magazine;
2) Small reversals of arthritis, wrinkles, and baldness are not the same as "reverse ageing";
3) It really stretches credulity to believe that this man came first and second in his first two poker tournaments, including second at a very prestigious poker tournament. That's not the same as reading a chess book and then dominating some losers in a chess club, he went to an elite poker tournament and came 2nd against a lot of experts. Something doesn't add up there.

The writer of that article, Matthew Herper ( https://twitter.com/matthewherper ), was just doing his best to create a false title in order to bring in as many readers as possible. Integrity, it seems, is not his strongest trait.

InBeforeTheCure

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score

http://pokerdb.thehendonmob.com/player.php?a=r&n=70169

I don't know how well he plays, but two tournaments is a very small sample. Luck plays a huge role in the short term.

Afro_Vacancy

My Regimen
Reaction score
He is just a lucky fish who happened to win those tournaments.

That being said SM is a done case, it's going to fail Androgenetic Alopecia and never reach market. "Cure baldness" , lmao..

How can you tell it's going to fail?

mr_robot

Experienced Member
Reaction score

It's the business case, it has to work much better than the other topical available at the moment which is minoxidil. Unless that is the case you probably have an expensive drug that needs a doctors prescription vs a cheap generic drug you can buy at your local pharmacy.

You have to justify the expense of the Phase III plus the amount of money you will have to spend on advertising. In an ironic way minoxidil is kind of a curse against new topcials being developed.

Swoop

My Regimen
Reaction score

Like the above poster says it will obviously have to outperform minoxidil significantly to reach the market, like mentioned in the article. And it's not going to outperform minoxidil, highly sure of that.

Unbelievable that we only discovered current best hair growth agents on accident, minoxidil followed by PGF2A analogues (bimatoprost, latanoprost etc), which were also discovered on accident to have hair growth related effects. What does this mean?

Well perhaps it does mean that in reality we know sh*t all? I mean we don't even know exactly how minoxidil works ;).

Afro_Vacancy

My Regimen
Reaction score
It's the business case, it has to work much better than the other topical available at the moment which is minoxidil. Unless that is the case you probably have an expensive drug that needs a doctors prescription vs a cheap generic drug you can buy at your local pharmacy.

You have to justify the expense of the Phase III plus the amount of money you will have to spend on advertising. In an ironic way minoxidil is kind of a curse against new topcials being developed.

Like the above poster says it will obviously have to outperform minoxidil significantly to reach the market, like mentioned in the article. And it's not going to outperform minoxidil, highly sure of that.

Unbelievable that we only discovered current best hair growth agents on accident, minoxidil followed by PGF2A analogues (bimatoprost, latanoprost etc), which were also discovered on accident to have hair growth related effects. What does this mean?

Well perhaps it does mean that in reality we know sh*t all? I mean we don't even know exactly how minoxidil works ;).

Why is that only the case with hair loss drugs?

I was on anti-depressants some years back, there are countless anti-depressants.

Solomon

Established Member
Reaction score
Wow I didn't know Samumed was worth so much
" is the most valuable biotechnology startup on the planet."

16 Billion is no joke guys.

FWIW

Established Member
Reaction score
You have to take the value numbers with grain of salt. They may raise 350 mil USD. cash in total, other than that, they dont have nothing now. The valuation is just thin air.

I have a company and sell you 1% share for one million, does it mean that 100% of the company has 100M real value?