Aromatase Inhibitor Aggravating Hair Loss

tysono

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Hey guys,

I take dutasteride 0.5mg daily and have been for 2 years. I got a blood test done and found that my estrogen levels were too high (was getting high estro related side effects as well). I’ve started taking Hydrapharm’s Alchemy and have been on 1 a day for about 3 weeks.

It’s working great in regards to lowering my estrogen, and most of my side effects are now very minimal if not gone. However, I have noticed a lot more shedding lately, and have also lost some more ground on my hairline all since starting alchemy (started about 2 weeks in). I was just wondering if:
- this was coincidental?
- if not coincidental, is there anything I can do to ease my estro related sides and NOT lose any more hair?

Thank you

arnoldd

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Hey guys,

I take dutasteride 0.5mg daily and have been for 2 years. I got a blood test done and found that my estrogen levels were too high (was getting high estro related side effects as well). I’ve started taking Hydrapharm’s Alchemy and have been on 1 a day for about 3 weeks.

It’s working great in regards to lowering my estrogen, and most of my side effects are now very minimal if not gone. However, I have noticed a lot more shedding lately, and have also lost some more ground on my hairline all since starting alchemy (started about 2 weeks in). I was just wondering if:
- this was coincidental?
- if not coincidental, is there anything I can do to ease my estro related sides and NOT lose any more hair?

Thank you

Hi , testo is converted in dht and estrogens.

1) when you take an anti dht (dutas,finas), your testo raise and there is more to convert to estrogens. This is why some people on dutas have problems with gyno or others estrogens related issues.

2) if you take an anti estrogens, there is more test that will be converted to dht. This is the culprit of your shedding. Instead of taking an anti estrogens better lower the dose of duta or get back to finas in my opinion

tysono

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Hi , testo is converted in dht and estrogens.

1) when you take an anti dht (dutas,finas), your testo raise and there is more to convert to estrogens. This is why some people on dutas have problems with gyno or others estrogens related issues.

2) if you take an anti estrogens, there is more test that will be converted to dht. This is the culprit of your shedding. Instead of taking an anti estrogens better lower the dose of duta or get back to finas in my opinion
I was originally on finasteride but had to up to dutasteride because finasteride wasn’t doing enough and I used it for a year and a half. I can’t lower the dutasteride dosage anymore because they’re gel caps, and I’ve tried taking it every other day but it didn’t work as well.

tysono

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
what was your oestradiol level?
When on dutasteride without an AI, it was high enough that my doctor messaged me the day after I got my blood test results and told me it was too high and that I should stop dutasteride. I haven’t gotten a blood test while on alchemy.

michel sapin

My Regimen
Reaction score
you didnt have the exact value?
because i am facing the exact same issue
i am on aromasin while being on duta
DId you get better result on duta than while on fina ?

tysono

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
you didnt have the exact value?
because i am facing the exact same issue
i am on aromasin while being on duta
DId you get better result on duta than while on fina ?
I got much better results on dutasteride. Thickened my hair, and stopped loss on my hairline. At the very least slowed my hairline loss drastically as I’m only 19. Only downside was the high estrogen side effects. I feel great while on alchemy, however I need to stop the loss.

michel sapin

My Regimen
Reaction score
and your hairline really receded a lot while on fina ? you hair density was not maintaining ?

tysono

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
and your hairline really receded a lot while on fina ? you hair density was not maintaining ?
I would say my density was getting worse on finasteride but my hairline was also still going regardless. I started dutasteride, and in 6 months my density increased a lot and my hairline recession basically stopped.

nicksparrow

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
What's your dosage on that...aromatase inhibitor lol.
I've kept going on Letrozole(strongest aromatase inhibitor) once a week and dutasteride 5mg a week and no shedding.

I'd say your estrogen is depleted. Careful with that as it can cause some nasty side effects with joints.

tysono

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
What's your dosage on that...aromatase inhibitor lol.
I've kept going on Letrozole(strongest aromatase inhibitor) once a week and dutasteride 5mg a week and no shedding.

I'd say your estrogen is depleted. Careful with that as it can cause some nasty side effects with joints.
I just take one Alchemy tab per day.

michel sapin

My Regimen
Reaction score
what dosage of aromasin would you recommend in combination with duta ?
12.5 mg twice a week ?