Arenamed: An Honest Critical Review

struthers.j

My Regimen
Reaction score
Firstly, I urge anyone considering Arenamed to look elsewhere. Save your hard-earned money, wait a little longer, and go elsewhere. I am a westerner, but I understand and speak relatively fluent Turkish as I have Turkish ancestry on one side of my family. I paid careful attention to everything that was being said, and feel I must share my experience as I got a glimpse behind the scenes.

I was collected from my hotel on the morning of the procedure and driven to the clinic with 4 others. When we arrived we were greeted and shown a place to sit and wait. Our passports were collected to be photocopied, blood was taken, payment was made (in cash), and 'before' photos were taken. After this a man drew on my 'new hairline' despite the fact that all correspondence with the company prior to that date stated that I was happy with a naturally receding hairline and that I just wanted density restored. After my head was shaved I was provided with sedatives and the donor area was numbed. The technicians were friendly and I got the impression that they performed many of these procedures, as they were efficient. The whole thing turned out to be one giant mistake and resulted in damages I doubt I’ll ever fully recover from. Read on…

If you're completely bald you may be desperate, and the cost of 'budget' or 'discounted' procedures will certainly appeal to you. I myself was swindled, even after doing my research. I was not completely bald, not even close; a little recession at my temples and a tiny bald patch on my crown. The work that was carried out has ruined my donor area and gave me the most unnatural looking hairline I have EVER seen. At no point during my 26 years have I had a hairline so low, even as a young child. These 'technicians' left me with a very pronounced and artificial looking widows peak (think Steven Segal) and straight hairline that simply doesn’t occur naturally. They lie about number of grafts, quoting very exaggerated figures. I was told I received 5400, and this definitely not the case.

These people have a professional looking facility; from the exterior this alone would satisfy most who haven't done their research. Dive a little deeper and you'll begin to see the cracks, the fact that this isn't a medical facility; it's a factory where up to 20 people per day are practiced on by technicians. Would a quality reputable surgeon not accept a deposit and offer you last minute appointments? No. Would a quality reputable surgeon employ a team of 'technicians' to perform up to 20 (yes 20!) surgeries a day? No. Would a quality reputable surgeon discourage questions and be irritated by them? No. Would a quality reputable surgeon not offer a receipt for services? No.

The truth is, this place is just another technician-run clinic. There is NO DOCTOR present; at no point during my procedure did I even meet a doctor. Two technicians carried out the entire procedure, from extraction to placing the grafts. The face of this company (Serkan Aydin) had no part in the procedure at all. He only made an appearance at the end to shake my hand. I was in a particularly vulnerable state at the time, so I didn't see or comprehend what was going on until I had time to reflect afterwards. Back at my hotel I spent some time with the ‘Guest Services’ lady, she was very friendly and we had some time to talk. I got the impression that she didn’t enjoy her work at all, and when we got on the topic of Serkan Aydin I asked one very specific question and got a very worrying answer.

“Is Serkan Aydin a doctor?”

Her response “Very good question”.

Hint? He isn't. He is not a medical doctor. Avoid these butchers at all cost.

JeanLucBB

My Regimen
Reaction score
Firstly, I urge anyone considering Arenamed to look elsewhere. Save your hard-earned money, wait a little longer, and go elsewhere. I am a westerner, but I understand and speak relatively fluent Turkish as I have Turkish ancestry on one side of my family. I paid careful attention to everything that was being said, and feel I must share my experience as I got a glimpse behind the scenes.

I was collected from my hotel on the morning of the procedure and driven to the clinic with 4 others. When we arrived we were greeted and shown a place to sit and wait. Our passports were collected to be photocopied, blood was taken, payment was made (in cash), and 'before' photos were taken. After this a man drew on my 'new hairline' despite the fact that all correspondence with the company prior to that date stated that I was happy with a naturally receding hairline and that I just wanted density restored. After my head was shaved I was provided with sedatives and the donor area was numbed. The technicians were friendly and I got the impression that they performed many of these procedures, as they were efficient. The whole thing turned out to be one giant mistake and resulted in damages I doubt I’ll ever fully recover from. Read on…

If you're completely bald you may be desperate, and the cost of 'budget' or 'discounted' procedures will certainly appeal to you. I myself was swindled, even after doing my research. I was not completely bald, not even close; a little recession at my temples and a tiny bald patch on my crown. The work that was carried out has ruined my donor area and gave me the most unnatural looking hairline I have EVER seen. At no point during my 26 years have I had a hairline so low, even as a young child. These 'technicians' left me with a very pronounced and artificial looking widows peak (think Steven Segal) and straight hairline that simply doesn’t occur naturally. They lie about number of grafts, quoting very exaggerated figures. I was told I received 5400, and this definitely not the case.

These people have a professional looking facility; from the exterior this alone would satisfy most who haven't done their research. Dive a little deeper and you'll begin to see the cracks, the fact that this isn't a medical facility; it's a factory where up to 20 people per day are practiced on by technicians. Would a quality reputable surgeon not accept a deposit and offer you last minute appointments? No. Would a quality reputable surgeon employ a team of 'technicians' to perform up to 20 (yes 20!) surgeries a day? No. Would a quality reputable surgeon discourage questions and be irritated by them? No. Would a quality reputable surgeon not offer a receipt for services? No.

The truth is, this place is just another technician-run clinic. There is NO DOCTOR present; at no point during my procedure did I even meet a doctor. Two technicians carried out the entire procedure, from extraction to placing the grafts. The face of this company (Serkan Aydin) had no part in the procedure at all. He only made an appearance at the end to shake my hand. I was in a particularly vulnerable state at the time, so I didn't see or comprehend what was going on until I had time to reflect afterwards. Back at my hotel I spent some time with the ‘Guest Services’ lady, she was very friendly and we had some time to talk. I got the impression that she didn’t enjoy her work at all, and when we got on the topic of Serkan Aydin I asked one very specific question and got a very worrying answer.

“Is Serkan Aydin a doctor?”

Her response “Very good question”.

Hint? He isn't. He is not a medical doctor. Avoid these butchers at all cost.

Photos?