Are women much more money minded these days?

tembo

Established Member
Reaction score
Women have valued how much money a guy makes for a long time, but lately, it seems much more blatant to me. Our local DJ keeps saying that money is all women care about these days. When I bought my new car (my first major expense that other people could actually see) a number of girls at work came up to me and started chatting away for the first time.

Has this insane love of money by women been true for years or is this phenomenon getting more prevalent these days?

CCS

Reaction score
It always existed. Just now it is more acceptable to be more overt.

Women do not just want money. They want a sexy guy and money. Some will take just a sexy guy, and others want the best of both worlds from two guys. But if you are not sexy, then they won't have sex with you unless you have money. Obviously if you are good looking but slighly less than her dream guy, personality and other stuff can bump you up. And if you are rich and very mean, she might stay away too. But for many average and below average looking guys, money is their only chance at dating the woman.

And SAF is right: prostitutes are a rare bread. Women don't want to have sex for your money.

They want your money for free, and will accomplish that by making you think you have a chance, making you fall in love, and then leading you to worry about blowing that chance, so that you voluntarily give your money away. She does not even have to ask you for it, so you can't blame her later. And if you ask for sex later, she says, "I don't owe you sex.", or "I don't think this is working out any more.".

This is not an attack on women. Men do similar stuff to women. Attractive guys take advantage of women. People rip off people. I'm just telling you what average guys need to look out for in the rip off realm.

If you are a good looking guy, disregard the following paragraph:
They want you to fall in love with them and be so attracted to them that you are afraid to make a move on them, and will buy them stuff with no strings attached. They might be willing to have sex once just to get you on the hook, but are afraid you will take that as an indication you can have it all the time. So if it is obvious you like them, they won't do that. Your best chance at sex is to let your body language and other mannerisms indicate you are not on the hook. This is hard to do if you are the one approaching them. So you need them to know you somehow, or have an excuse to be in their view and earshot. When they see you have money, and see that you are not on their hook, they will then WORK to keep you on their hook. Do not let them think you are on their hook, but also do make them think they have a chance at getting you on their hook. Lure them by making them think they are close, but then act uninterested shortly after their attempt so they have to take it a step further to get you on the hook. The key is that when you kiss them, you make it look like you just felt like doing it then, but are undecided. You do not want to look like you really want them, but are looking for their approval, otherwise they will know they don't have to kiss you and instead can take you right to the jewelry store. Let them work for it and keep pulling you back for more samples. If you are decent looking, or very rich, and have a decent personality, you can get sex. Then, if you have money, you can give them just a taste afterwards, but then show drifting interest again so they know they have to work for it. Again, her goal is to make you fall in love so that she won't have to work for it anymore. If she gets the feeling you will never fall in love, she will give up and leave. The prettiest women don't have sex for $400 per pop. They have sex once if needed to get you on the hook, but much prefer to find guys who fall harder faster and eat out of their hand. If a woman says, "you are so much better than the other guys. They just want to get in my pants, but you respect me and treat me like a gentlemen.", that is not a compliment. It means she is ordering you to get on the hook, or thinks you are on it.

Oh, and you have to make this all look innocent, and let her read the body language. If you say any of this overtly you will turn her off. And she can't know what you are up to or she will drop you like a rock. Her goal is to rip you off, not be ripped off. This is not all women though. Some will trade. But a lot will rip you off if they can.

Some guys try to fake that they have money, without buying too much expensive clothes. This is difficult, but possible to pull off. The key in that case is to make her think there is a small chance that you are VERY ---special. Like more than she usually gets, and that she has a chance to score big. When people think they have a chance to win the lottery, they drop their guard, and can be dumb stuff under percieved time pressure. Very advanced stuff for people who prefer this over going to the gym.

s.a.f

Reaction score
Some girls are some are'nt, it depends on the shallowness of the girl.

Old Baldy

Reaction score
How in the heck could it be more blatant nowadays tembo!!?? :shock:

It was that way back in 1802 when I was a young man for Godsakes!! :mrgreen:

vauxall

Established Member
Reaction score
Is the sky bluer than it used to be?

Are goats more like sheeps used to be?

Is the coffee more coffee that it used to be?

IS the quality of this post so much worse than I expected?

tembo

Established Member
Reaction score
Haha Old Baldy....I figured you were that old with all your wisdom.

Seriously, in comparison to say 20 years ago, are women far more materialistic today. Maybe due to lack of families and religion in spite of their negatives.

barcafan

Reaction score
CCS said:

Women do not just want money. They want a sexy guy and money. Some will take just a sexy guy, and others want the best of both worlds from two guys. But if you are not sexy, then they won't have sex with you unless you have money. Obviously if you are good looking but slighly less than her dream guy, personality and other stuff can bump you up. And if you are rich and very mean, she might stay away too. But for many average and below average looking guys, money is their only chance at dating the woman.

And SAF is right: prostitutes are a rare bread. Women don't want to have sex for your money.

They want your money for free, and will accomplish that by making you think you have a chance, making you fall in love, and then leading you to worry about blowing that chance, so that you voluntarily give your money away. She does not even have to ask you for it, so you can't blame her later. And if you ask for sex later, she says, "I don't owe you sex.", or "I don't think this is working out any more.".

This is not an attack on women. Men do similar stuff to women. Attractive guys take advantage of women. People rip off people. I'm just telling you what average guys need to look out for in the rip off realm.

They want you to fall in love with them and be so attracted to them that you are afraid to make a move on them, and will buy them stuff with no strings attached. They might be willing to have sex once just to get you on the hook, but are afraid you will take that as an indication you can have it all the time. So if it is obvious you like them, they won't do that. Your best chance at sex is to let your body language and other mannerisms indicate you are not on the hook. This is hard to do if you are the one approaching them. So you need them to know you somehow, or have an excuse to be in their view and earshot. When they see you have money, and see that you are not on their hook, they will then WORK to keep you on their hook. Do not let them think you are on their hook, but also do make them think they have a chance at getting you on their hook. Lure them by making them think they are close, but then act uninterested shortly after their attempt so they have to take it a step further to get you on the hook. The key is that when you kiss them, you make it look like you just felt like doing it then, but are undecided. You do not want to look like you really want them, but are looking for their approval, otherwise they will know they don't have to kiss you and instead can take you right to the jewelry store. Let them work for it and keep pulling you back for more samples. If you are decent looking, or very rich, and have a decent personality, you can get sex. Then, if you have money, you can give them just a taste afterwards, but then show drifting interest again so they know they have to work for it. Again, her goal is to make you fall in love so that she won't have to work for it anymore. If she gets the feeling you will never fall in love, she will give up and leave. The prettiest women don't have sex for $400 per pop. They have sex once if needed to get you on the hook, but much prefer to find guys who fall harder faster and eat out of their hand. If a woman says, "you are so much better than the other guys. They just want to get in my pants, but you respect me and treat me like a gentlemen.", that is not a compliment. It means she is ordering you to get on the hook, or thinks you are on it.

Oh, and you have to make this all look innocent, and let her read the body language. If you say any of this overtly you will turn her off. And she can't know what you are up to or she will drop you like a rock. Her goal is to rip you off, not be ripped off. This is not all women though. Some will trade. But a lot will rip you off if they can.

Some guys try to fake that they have money, without buying too much expensive clothes. This is difficult, but possible to pull off. The key in that case is to make her think there is a small chance that you are VERY ---special. Like more than she usually gets, and that she has a chance to score big. When people think they have a chance to win the lottery, they drop their guard, and can be dumb stuff under percieved time pressure. Very advanced stuff for people who prefer this over going to the gym.

But women want sex too, are you saying that they'll just always cheat on you with a better looking man?

Obsidian

Reaction score
I can't even get through 1/4 of reading some of posts made by CCS without getting a headache.

Smoky Vertigo

Reaction score
I think young women today are much more materialistic than 20 years ago. However, that can be said of both young men and women. 20 years ago advertising was much different than it is today. I do internet marketing for a living and can say that marketing is much more targeted, cheap and effective. 20 years ago women weren’t influenced by shows like the "Hills" or "I Love New York" etc... There are 4x the amount of TV channels (Commercials), radio is run by huge corporations (Commercials), Myspace, Facebook, You Tube, Blogs etc... and the connectivity of peer groups via the internet, all have a HUGE impact on how women think and view the culture around them.

Everywhere you turn there is a new product, fad or guerilla marketing campaign. Women see all of this excess and want it. They want it because companies tell them they want it. Most women (not all) do not go into fields where they can make a lot of money. A lot of women will still become nurses, teachers etc.. In college the vast majority of women I knew got degrees in fashion design, sociology, psychology, social science, english, journalism, communication or teaching. These fields are all interesting but really don't translate well into careers that will pay big money.

So they need a man who is in business, engineering, science, finance etc... to pay for their lavish lifestyle that they see on TV. Women will naturally go after alpha males early in life but once they hit about 24 years old and they are living in some apartment with their roommate making $30,000 they understand that they need a successful man to provide for them. Simple enough. Many times these alpha male high school jocks are idiots and don't do well in the real world. That’s when women decided to start dating smart/nerdy possibly worse looking Beta males.

They get married have a couple of kids and overtime get divorced because the Beta male starts to hate his bitchy wife. He eventually gets over the fact that his wife is good looking and realizes that his wife is angry, demanding and self-centered. The b**ch wife starts to hate the Beta male because he isn't man enough. He is too wimpy. When the Beta male gets over the fact that he has a good looking wife and realizes his wife is b**ch he starts to not be so wimpy and take a stand against his wife. The wife doesn’t like this new attitude and thus starts to hate the Beta Male. Take a look at biker type guys and absolute dirt bags. Some of them use domestic violence yet a lot of the times the woman never leaves. Why? She is attracted to the animalistic Alpha male no matter how many times he hits her. Women want men, real men. A man who is in control of everything he does. Even know they say they want equality, they really want a man who will not take their crap, treat her well and make good money. If you have control of yourself and your life then you don’t need that metrosexual crap, 6 pack abs, a NW1. However, it is easier said than done.

The bottom line is: Attraction is not a choice. Men want sex, women want security. Sorry for the CCS like post.

ali777

Reaction score
When I was a teenager in the 90s, I used to think that women were materialistic. Somehow my opinion of women has changed over the years. I see women more as security seeking creatures, money does buy security to a certain extent but it's not always about the money.

The new age has brought along a new kind of woman as well. Now, some rich and successful women, the cougars, also want to have a trophy boyfriend. 10-20 years ago, the cougars were a rare breed but they are much more common these days. As a single man, I check the girls out in the dating sites and I've seen a few that are specifically interested in younger men only. I personally think most of them are in a fantasy land and they will never find what they are looking for.

TBH, I wouldn't be a toyboy but I like that independent spirit in successful women. I think one of the reasons why I like it is because with such a partner there is less pressure on us to make loadsa money.

I don't know if my opinion reflects the society in general, but most of the women around me are young professionals. They have high expectations of men, but money is not one of their priorities neither is hair. They certainly wouldn't date a guy only for his money.

s.a.f

Reaction score
Eureka said:
All this topic proves is men know nothing about women.
:agree: :bravo:
Smoky Vertigo said:
If you have control of yourself and your life then you don’t need that metrosexual crap, 6 pack abs, a NW1.
CCS take note.

tembo

Established Member
Reaction score
So for those of us who know nothing about women, please elaborate Eureka, JayBear, s.a.f etc....

And if you read CSS's threads seriously, you know nothing about anything.

person

Experienced Member
Reaction score
CCS said:

If you are such an expert CCS why are you nearly 30 and still a virgin?

JayBear

Established Member
Reaction score
tembo said:
So for those of us who know nothing about women, please elaborate Eureka, JayBear, s.a.f etc....

And if you read CSS's threads seriously, you know nothing about anything.
One thing I will say, if you are looking to me for advice on women, you are in some serious trouble. As far as I do know, however, some things said I think are right, and some aren't. I think its worthwhile to seperate women's materialism from their desire for security. Materialism exists strongly in both genders, especially in America where the glorification of stupendous wealth has become our true national pastime. Both men and women are more materialistic these days. How else to describe the prevalence of luxury car/watch/electronics commercials in the midst of a recession.

As far as security goes, women are no more security-minded than men are. We don't endlessly discuss the impact that baldness has on our physical appearance because we want to get laid. Its about finding someone who will be satisfied with our appearance over the long run. Thats where the danger in male pattern baldness lies. Perhaps not all of us, but I would be shocked to learn that most of us aren't looking for stability and security.

Women are not more shallow than men are, either. I don't understand how any man could accuse any woman of shallowness simply because they don't want to date a man who is losing his hair. I understand that this sucks for us, but, and tell me honestly because i don't know, how many dates does it take for you guys to start being interested in what a girl is like and not what she looks like.

The fact of the matter is that I don't really know what motivates women. Hell I have no idea what motivates you guys. But these endless threads attempting to delineate the differences between men and women I think misses the mark. When we can admit how similar we are, things will be easier.

CCS

Reaction score
tembo said:

Seriously, in comparison to say 20 years ago, are women far more materialistic today. Maybe due to lack of families and religion in spite of their negatives.

20 years ago, pretty women had to take any man with a job, since women could not own propperty. Now that women can get their own money, an ugly guy has to make a lot more money just to get a date with her. It is all about deminishing returns: you are willing to pay more for the first hotdog than you are willing to pay for a second. I doubt you will find a millionaire sexy woman who will sleep with you for $5000, but you will find many wellfare hot women (at age 18 before they get fat) who will sleep with you for $50.

As women start making more, they will expect higher and higher salaries from below average looking men. But, if you want to avoid the money shallowness of them, you can spend your money on making yourself look sexier, with laser hair removal and going to the gym. Though many people will lie til they are blue in the face, good looking guys don't have to guy pretty women dinner. Never had to, never will. But they won't tell you this for the same reason your boss and your higher paid coworker won't tell you that your coworker makes more money than you do.

ali777

Reaction score
CCS said:
tembo said:

20 years ago, pretty women had to take any man with a job, since women could not own propperty. Now that women can get their own money, an ugly guy has to make a lot more money just to get a date with her. It is all about deminishing returns: you are willing to pay more for the first hotdog than you are willing to pay for a second. I doubt you will find a millionaire sexy woman who will sleep with you for $5000, but you will find many wellfare hot women (at age 18 before they get fat) who will sleep with you for $50.

As women start making more, they will expect higher and higher salaries from below average looking men. But, if you want to avoid the money shallowness of them, you can spend your money on making yourself look sexier, with laser hair removal and going to the gym. Though many people will lie til they are blue in the face, good looking guys don't have to guy pretty women dinner. Never had to, never will. But they won't tell you this for the same reason your boss and your higher paid coworker won't tell you that your coworker makes more money than you do.

That was sort of my point. Successful women have very unrealistic standards these days. In the past it was only select few rich men that went out and got trophy wives, now women get trophy boyfriends as well.

However, I still think a confident man wouldn't settle for a successful woman just because she's got money. But the opposite is more likely to happen.

Then those women become like the women in Sex and the City. Miserable, always looking for a boyfriend at 40, etc.

person

Experienced Member
Reaction score
What the hell are you talking about CCS, spend your money on laser hair removal? I used to find your posts ammusing but you have seriously lost the plot. I am a 19 year old successful male, with own car and own place and going to univeristy shortly. I have banged extremely hot teenage girls, additionally I am in a long term relationship right now with another hot girl. She is 17 years old, really perfect face, cute personality, size f titties and an amazing figure, that sort of hour glass shape fit girls have and a peachy bum, look guys if you want relationship advice just pm me or ask on this thread, I can assure you you will get no where spending money on laser hair removal just get something called a gillet razor. Peace out :punk: