are there really any good looking bald guys out there?

evil smile

Reaction score
I was thinking about it today. Other than the male pattern baldness genes, ive been generally lucky enough to get extremely good gene pool. im tall, athletic without working out and luckily enough have a pretty boy face.

But then today i was thinking, how many bald dudes have i seen in my life that i could say i though were extremely handsome. And the answer was maybe one. what do you guys think? a few examples:

Beckham if he was bald. but then again you could probably smear sh*t on this guys face and hed still be attractive

and kelly slatter

s.a.f

Reaction score
Obviously there are some who are still handsome bald but it all about wether you can carry the look and I think that a huge % of guys cant.
Many of the so called hot bald guys are just very buff aswell, look at Jason Statham or Vin Diesel if these guys were out of shape or puny do you still think they'd be considered hot?
Also yes becks ect would still be handsome bald but he's a guy who could lose a few points on the scale and still be ok. Whearas the average guy if he lost a few points would be relagated to the class of unnatractive.
Ask girls wether they prefer Becks and Slater with or without hair, which one do you think they'd choose?
Hairloss does'nt have to be the end but in most cases its a major setback for your looks.

thetodd

Established Member
Reaction score
I think some women find baldness unattractive because they view it as a disease or sign of genetic weakness. That's bullsh*t, of course. Look at Michael Jordan. He started balding in his early twenties. If that man is somehow genetically inferior to others, I'd like to know how he became arguably the greatest basketball player of all time. Same thing for Aggasi. He might not be considered the best tennis player ever, but Andre was among its elite players for over a decade. Myself, I'd gladly pit myself physically against most of my friends who still have all their hair. Basketball, swimming, jogging, boxing, whatever...
I'm sure I could hold my own with most of them and get the best of the majority.

CCS

Reaction score
The guys in those pictures look to me like they have plenty of hair. You can see the roots. A buzzed #1 haircut looks good. Slick bald on top with dark roots on the side does not look as good, but some guys can pull it off.

If you are tall and buff, or have a really good head shape and face shape, I doubt the women will mind.

Nene

Reaction score
You can't use Beckham as an example because as Uncomfortable man would be fast to point out, he has stubble and is not really bald. To answer your question, yes there are good looking bald men. If you were extremely handsome before you went bald, your face hasn't changed so you should still be handsome. However, most men are not extremely handsome, most men are average looking or ugly. So when they go bald they just go from average to ugly or from ugly to uglier. Thats why I hate when people say, if you go bald just shave it and be like Vin Diesel, Bruce Willis, Jason Statham, or whoever. Well thats like telling someone, you have hair so go be like Brad Pitt or George Clooney! Truth is most men will look like George from Seinfeld, Dr. Phil, or Larry David, because they are regular looking bald guys. Basically to pull of the bald look you need to be flawless in every other department, and well, most of us have too many flaws.

qball01

Established Member
Reaction score
Statham, Slater, Ami James, Graham Shiels, Chris Daughtry, David Draimen, Billy Zane, Arnold Vosloo (from the mummy) Andre Agassi, Tiki Ghosn, Stone Cold Steve Austin, Goldberg, Randy Couture, Tim Hudson, Tim Dwight...I also see quite a few guys in day to say situations that pull off being bald. Even without the hairline, a lot of guys can pull off no hair, usually the bigger, leaner guys.

it also all depends on the person in question and what the definition of "good looking is"...there may not be a lot bald guys who are at Brad Pitt's level but theres plenty of guys who pull off the look and look "good," even if they're not perfect...hell, some girls consider Tom Colicchio and Michael Chiklis to be "hot"...so it really depends on who you're asking.

qball01

Established Member
Reaction score
add David Palffy, Gabe Kapler (baseball player) and Graham Shiels to this list...examples of legit BALD guys with shaved heads who own the look. Palffy is a favourite of mine because his wife is one of my personal favourite hottest actresses, and in the Hollywood world shes a hell of a lot more famous and well known than he is.

Bald Dave

Established Member
Reaction score
What a silly question. Its like saying are there any ugly guys with hair? Of course there are! You get bald and ugly guys, you get bald and good looking guys. You get hairy and ugly guys, you get hairy and good looking guys. Just because someone is losing their hair it shouldn't effect their face. I agree if you have a bad shaped head, big ears etc it might make a difference but apart from that it shouldn't be a problem :)

karl_h

Established Member
Reaction score
The guy that comes to my mind is Michael Jordan. Jordan started to lose his hair early in his career but is considered to be a very good-looking man.

He makes millions of dollars a year in endorsements, and I think his good looks are definitely a factor in getting those well-paying endorsement contracts.

s.a.f

Reaction score
karl_h said:
The guy that comes to my mind is Michael Jordan. Jordan started to lose his hair early in his career but is considered to be a very good-looking man.

He makes millions of dollars a year in endorsements, and I think his good looks are definitely a factor in getting those well-paying endorsement contracts.

Or like Tiger Woods its just that he totally dominated his sport, and that was what makes him better than just other average pro's. Not to mention that Jordan would probably be a headshaver even without any hairloss.

Look at Woods he looks like a geek but earns 5x as much$ from endorsements as any other sportstars (well at least he did until 2 weeks ago lol).