Are there many success stories with propecia (finastrdie) here?

SpaceFox

Reaction score
I've looking through some of them, but they're not very difficult. Most of them seem to be regarding the short term, so I wasn't wondering what the ratio here was of success with no side effects?

CliffLee

Established Member
Reaction score
Couldn't help you in respect to a ratio. However I have been on the forums a while and will say that I've read a lot of threads where people have had success on finasteride with no sides (or few sides that disappeared after a short time).

Rudiger

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
I've had no sides and good results, I recently added nizoral to finasteride and minoxidil, so still recovering from shedding in terms of thickness, or at least I hope so. But it was thicker before nizoral and I'm keeping the faith. In the temples and fringe (which was becoming an island) definite improvements and advancement, so hell, even if I stay thin-ish in the middle, I'm happy with the results so far.

Anyway though that's just 1 experience, and you won't get anything conclusive in terms of numbers or stats based on people reactions on this forum, it's a mixed bag, even a poll wouldn't help. The guys who have success with any treatment most likely won't come back on here. Even if I do get the results I'm seeking, I'll probably still come here because I find the Impact forum is pretty interesting, however most guys just smash and grab for the info on whatever treatment they're pursuing, and if it works, they'll never return (until said treatment stops working of course). And who can blame them?

So for the most part you'll get people on here who struggle to get a treatment that works, have given up on it altogether and come here as a comfort with other sufferers, or, for those who actually grow hair, they might make a few posts about the success, maybe, and that's the last you'll see of them. So obviously the last type isn't a regular poster, and for every 1 of those guys there's 5 who stay and are more visible.

AussieM

Reaction score
I started two years ago and grew back my thinning temples and hairline (no issue with the crown). I definitely had side effects. Low sex drive, watery semen, testicle pains.

Six months ago I dropped to half a pill a day and all the sides went away! BUT my hairline has definitely thinned out alot since

Gxm100

Reaction score
I guess it depends on what you consider "success". I'm a pretty young guy (23) so I still have an ok amount of hair left. However, it is noticeably thin and receding. I've been on Proscar for several months now and can absolutely say that my hair has stopped falling. I no longer have hair falling in the shower or on my pillow. I had minor side effects for the first two weeks (mainly slight testicular discomfort). I actually experienced huge INCREASE in libido for those first weeks, but that has returned to normal. I definitely haven't seen regrowth, but I have plenty of time for that...in my case, halting the hair fall is success.

Wave

Established Member
Reaction score
Keep in mind most finasteride users are probably not on these forums talking about their stories. They could be any one you see on the street or any random friend you have who seems to be in the same stage of his hair loss for years.

JakeM

My Regimen
Reaction score
I've had regrowth within two months. Actual regrowth. I was scared of taking it initially. But it's worth the try. I use minoxidil with it and I've had great results so far.

ghenny

My Regimen
Reaction score
I've had regrowth within two months. Actual regrowth. I was scared of taking it initially. But it's worth the try. I use minoxidil with it and I've had great results so far.

What dosage are you taking it, and any sides so far?

JakeM

My Regimen
Reaction score
What dosage are you taking it, and any sides so far?
I'm on 1mg Propecia once a day and 5% Minoxidil once a day. No special shampoos or conditioners. I made a post showing the results so far. I have had no real side effects, a slight decrease in seven output for about a week but that was it. I'm happy with choosing it tbh.

You'll always see bad things about anything online.

kj6723

My Regimen
Reaction score
I consider myself a success story (for the time being), I'm only about a year into finasteride though. I've recovered temple hair as well as thickness in my forelock

JakeM

My Regimen
Reaction score
This is my before and after so far

Attachments

• _20170423_151845.JPG
    _20170423_151845.JPG
    134.9 KB · Views: 1,697
  • _20170423_152430.JPG
    _20170423_152430.JPG
    97.1 KB · Views: 1,696

bluemoon1212

Established Member
Reaction score
Most people who have success with treatment don't actively follow hair loss forums. Why would they? You can't quantity any statistical information about success from the limited population that exists on these forums. Most people get success from finasteride. Those who don't, or remain paranoid, come to hair loss forums with their stories in hopes of finding common ground.

JakeM

My Regimen
Reaction score
Great results man, do you use dermaroller?
Hey man. I use nothing but Finisteride and Minoxidil. My hair was all brittle and going crispy with lots of hair loss in the shower. Hair loss has reduced a lot and my hair is going back to being soft and feeling a but heavier. I massage the minoxidil into the scalp for a good few mins after a shower.

michel sapin

My Regimen
Reaction score
jake M did you shed with minoxidil ? i think that minoxidil is the main responsible for your growth

JakeM

My Regimen
Reaction score
jake M did you shed with minoxidil ? i think that minoxidil is the main responsible for your growth
I used minoxidil for a couple years before and although I got new growth at times. It was not halting the hair loss itself. The growth was never this fast or thick either. I stopped for about six months and started again about 3 weeks into the Finisteride treatment. My personal success so far has been a direct result of using both minoxidil and the Finisteride. I didnt shed no. No more than what was falling out anyway.

I've saved the images I have taken with the meta data. The ones I posted were taken 7 weeks apart just about. Right at the start and a few days ago.

N003

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
On finasteride since 4 months. I have 0 side effects but also 0 effects on my hairs :D:D

Im still not sure if DHT is the problem for baldness.

Look on youtube or google pictures i can't find many pictures with a good result on finasteride.

Finasteride is just to hold your status. Nice side effect is some new hairs...

stachu

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
wut?

piernik

My Regimen
Reaction score
I started two years ago and grew back my thinning temples and hairline (no issue with the crown). I definitely had side effects. Low sex drive, watery semen, testicle pains.

Six months ago I dropped to half a pill a day and all the sides went away! BUT my hairline has definitely thinned out alot since

when did u see first results when u started finasteride?