Are there any once a day minoxidil brands????

ANDREW_J_I

Experienced Member
Reaction score
i thought not long ago i read that there was some 12.5% or 15% minoxidil's about to buy. is this true?

surely it cant be far away if not. the first thing i think about every morning is apllying my minoxidil, which is pretty sad. lol. but worth it. as my hairsgot longer its so much harder to apply too.

is xandrox the same as minoxidil?

what cud i use which is equally as good as minoxidil? and wud u say that spironolactone is better than minoxidil?

thanks.

Phillip

Established Member
Reaction score
Yes, those percentages are not fda approved but available by doctor lee on minoxidil.com (called xandrax 12.5 and 15). As far as once a day i think you might be correct but i would double check. I think those are meant more for the morning because of their fast drying properties.

G

andrew, i'll answer the last question you posted.

spironolactone is a dht blocker and anti androgen. it inhibits the balding process directly like finasteride or dutasteride.

minoxidil is a growth stimulant. it does not inhibit the balding process.

if you want to maintain your hair and regrow some, you should use both together. I see you are already using propecia. If that's working for you then no need to add spironolactone at this time, becuase it won't help you regrow any hair.

I would wait on the spironolactone till you see some more hair loss after 9 months on the finasteride at least. Then you could add spironolactone if you want and other sh*t like copper peptides, etc.

ANDREW_J_I

Experienced Member
Reaction score
cheers guys, yeh i knew about minoxidil not stopping dht and spironolactone stopping dht, but propecia grows hair back more than minoxidil does surely, so if i was to use spironolactone instead of minoxidil, then wudnt tht grow hair like propecia does??

G

ANDREW_J_I said:
but propecia grows hair back more than minoxidil does surely

no it definitely doesn't. minoxidil adds way more hair than propecia does. minoxidil adds 50% more than dutasteride does and dutasteride adds 50% more than propecia does, so minoxidil doubles the hair count when compared to propecia.

ANDREW_J_I

Experienced Member
Reaction score
thing is minoxidil is like 'fake' hair in a way, its like temporary uno... i def wudnt of gone on minoxidil alone.

G

ANDREW_J_I said:
thing is minoxidil is like 'fake' hair in a way, its like temporary uno... i def wudnt of gone on minoxidil alone.
i know i dont think you should go on minoxidil alone since all it is is a hair offset like bryan said. some people thinks it stops hair loss since they see their hair still looks thick but its regrowing hair while you are still losing it. you need a dht blocker like propecia/avodart/spironolactone, and i don't know about you, but i feel more confident that my dht is being blocked by taking a pill rather than rubbing something on my head. i may add spironolactone later on but ill never stop taking a dht inhibitor in PILL form.

ANDREW_J_I

Experienced Member
Reaction score
agreed. i just hope sumthing better comes out, theres gotta be more options. i kinda stopped thinking bout HM. i dnt beleive itl be out within 5 years so not worth thinking about.

G

ANDREW_J_I said:
agreed. i just hope sumthing better comes out, theres gotta be more options. i kinda stopped thinking bout HM. i dnt beleive itl be out within 5 years so not worth thinking about.

hopefully RU will be out in a convenient vehicle soon. college says it can block all androgens including testosterone in the alpha reductase enzymes so that's good.

if you could block all androgens while taking dutas then it seems that you would never ever progress i n balding. just something to think about.