Are There Any High Dosage dutasteride Users Out Here ? Looking For Advice

SaitamaSensei

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Has anyone experienced regrowth with 1 to 2mg of dutasteride ? There was a guy on this forum called folfoxcrack who said he got regrowth with 1.5- 2mg of dutasteride and he was saying that was the cure but it was costly to use for long term.
Anyone on the same boat? I think it should work better than 0.5mg ed since its dose dependent.

Ziggyz123

Established Member
Reaction score
I’ve used 10mg and I’m on 2.5mg currently. I’ve been on 2.5mg now consistently for about a year. It is NOT a cure for me. I’ve continued to recede and thin regardless.

I have dutasteride powder so the cost for me is nothing really. But yeah, didn’t even stop my hairloss, itch or shedding

WMQ

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I’ve used 10mg and I’m on 2.5mg currently. I’ve been on 2.5mg now consistently for about a year. It is NOT a cure for me. I’ve continued to recede and thin regardless.

I have dutasteride powder so the cost for me is nothing really. But yeah, didn’t even stop my hairloss, itch or shedding
LOL at p.h.g dutasteride powder. Are you even sure what you are taking and its bioavailability? Hint: why would the standard dutasteride come in gel capsules?

SaitamaSensei

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score

Holy sh*t man how did 10mg feel?
Only noticeable effects from dutasteride on me is my skin is better and nails are strong af for some reason. Still waiting for hairline improvment

Maave

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I really don't think that higher doses will help. Have you seen dutasteride's DHT inhibition curve? 0.5mg is almost max, 2.5mg is definitely max. You can't suppress DHT below zero.

m_zeg0050404010001.jpeg

Baldingdane

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I’m sorry to interrupt with this thread.
I have just created an account to make a thread, but i’m not allowed due to being new on this site.

Does anyone know if genericeupills.com is a legit online Pharmacy?

-Synergy-

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I think you are relatively new in this hair loss business. For the last 9 years, I have been searching for users who are using fina / duta. It did not work for many but it works for most of the young men.

Well I hope 24 is young enough for it to work on me. I have lost massive ground on finasteride over the last year for some strange reason. Im losing like 50 hairs but my hair is getting thinner by the month overall or the hair I am losing has become so thin I can't see it.

whatintheworld

Reaction score
I think the reason is because DHT suppression can't necessarily reverse miniaturization. You can save the follicles that havent begun the miniaturization process, but those that have, will just continue to thin, albeit at a slower rate.

I have used finasteride for over 2+ years and the hairs that begin to thin are continuing to do so, finasteride is just prolonging their life artificially.

itchymadscalp

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
I really don't think that higher doses will help. Have you seen dutasteride's DHT inhibition curve? 0.5mg is almost max, 2.5mg is definitely max. You can't suppress DHT below zero.

View attachment 113315

Why people always ignore the fact the dht blood levels and dht levels in the scalp are not the same ?
With 0.5mg Dutasteride you lower your dht blood level up to 95% ... but only 60% in the scalp

---

I used it for 10 years at 1 to 2mg a day and since then I have androgen receptors upregulation. I don't think it's safe to use for a long term at a very high dose. I have a friend and he's been using it for 6 years at 1mg/day and he's fine. But you never know if it will screw you up or save your hair for life.

Father_of_Shiseido

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Well I hope 24 is young enough for it to work on me. I have lost massive ground on finasteride over the last year for some strange reason. Im losing like 50 hairs but my hair is getting thinner by the month overall or the hair I am losing has become so thin I can't see it.
Keep taking it, it will stabilize your hair loss.

Maave

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Why people always ignore the fact the dht blood levels and dht levels in the scalp are not the same ?
With 0.5mg Dutasteride you lower your dht blood level up to 95% ... but only 60% in the scalp

sh*t, you're right. I was talking with DHTcel and found it.

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC4969473/

dutasteride 0.5 mg suppressed DHT concentrations in serum by 92% and in scalp by 51%, while finasteride 5 mg in serum by 73% and in scalp by 41%.

I was previously looking at a different study which had much less difference in serum vs scalp

Scalp skin DHT levels declined significantly by 13.0% with placebo and by 14.9%, 61.6%, 56. 5%, 64.1%, and 69.4% with 0.01, 0.05, 0.2, 1, and 5 mg doses of finasteride, respectively. Serum DHT levels declined significantly (P <.001) by 49.5%, 68.6%, 71.4%, and 72.2% in the 0.05, 0.2, 1, and 5 mg finasteride treatment groups, respectively.

DHTcel

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
sh*t, you're right. I was talking with DHTcel and found it.

I was previously looking at a different study which had much less difference in serum vs scalp

I saw minor improvements from going 0.5mg to 2.5mg of dutasteride. You guys have to understand that testosterone plays a larger role than DHT in hair loss. Yes I just said that. With DHT although it is 3x more androgenic than test, its like 10fold less abundant in the human body. Most people aren't willing to lower their testosterone though and thats why so many guys go for hair systems. Also I'm still balding on 2.5mg dutasteride and 300mg RU + 20mg OC, *** this life, I only just turned 17.