Are there any bodybuilders on here? has finasteride affected your physique? has anyone gained weight?

Feelsbadman

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
From what i read , finasteride shouldn't have an affect but i swear my body has changed, i eat the same and always do the same exercises but my body looks so "soft" i used to have hard dense muscles but now i look soft and also thicker in the abdomen it's really annoying has anyone else had this?

BruceWayne0414

My Regimen
Reaction score
I’m not a bodybuilder by the sense most people think of, but a long time weight lifter with a muscular physique and if anything finasteride has leaned me out a bit. I haven’t changed anything in the 9 weeks since I’ve started, but some how my body fat has reduced a bit. Strength is still the same.

Feelsbadman

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
I’m not a bodybuilder by the sense most people think of, but a long time weight lifter with a muscular physique and if anything finasteride has leaned me out a bit. I haven’t changed anything in the 9 weeks since I’ve started, but some how my body fat has reduced a bit. Strength is still the same.
im the opposite i look flabby and weird entire body has changed

Yoshi3Mario

Established Member
Reaction score
My thoughts.

Finasteride could make some men's physiology more muscular because it increases testosterone.

Finasteride could make some men's physiology more fat because it inhibits dihydrotestosterone (the estrogen blocker).

Inherently - the drug hormonally has feminizing effects - ie keeping your hair.

Muscle requires strong tendons, the ability to muster and power through the lifts, and a drive and motivation to do it.

Ultimately - I don't think the impact of finasteride is significant for the men that don't notice side effects.

thetdog666

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
From what i read , finasteride shouldn't have an affect but i swear my body has changed, i eat the same and always do the same exercises but my body looks so "soft" i used to have hard dense muscles but now i look soft and also thicker in the abdomen it's really annoying has anyone else had this?
Thats just what you call getting old hahaha

jazz1

Reaction score
I been training on and off for years and taken creatine plus did one cycle in the past on steroids. No Finasteride did not have an effect, only thing I suggest use under 5g creative and anything over especially pre workouts can cause excessive shedding and hairloss. Plus when using creatine, use a Topical anti androgen blocker and Ketaconazole based shampoo daily like Regenepure DR.