Are there any alternative solvents to ethanol?

telogen

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Looks like years of daily topical use have created strong intolerance for me,
i get sick applying ethanol on the scalp and skin. Unbelievable.

Is there anything else which could be used as a solvent for compounds like RU?

losingbattle88

My Regimen
Reaction score

Can you elaborate your symptoms? Thanks.

dmccul2698

My Regimen
Reaction score
It is also solvable in DMSO or old time horse liniment. I dont know if I would want to put it on my head though:)

losingbattle88

My Regimen
Reaction score

I hope the alcohol kills you f*****g pussy.

telogen

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Can you elaborate your symptoms? Thanks.
Swollen lymph nodes in the neck, stomach cramps, nausea, some kind of crazy rash in the mucous membrane i've never seen before.
Can I ask what RU compound you are trying to get into solution?
Pm me.
Ru is a scam. Lol
Nah, works in keeping the scalp itch away and my hairline intact. There was i period where my RU supply got to zero so had use only topical fina and i lost noticable amount of hairline within something like 8 months. Changed to topical dutasteride which is far better, but i can't apply too often because of neurological symptoms so RU is a nice addition to this. When RU hit my scalp, the itch goes away instantly, no way it's placebo

losingbattle88

My Regimen
Reaction score
Swollen lymph nodes in the neck, stomach cramps, nausea, some kind of crazy rash in the mucous membrane i've never seen before.

Pm me.

Nah, works in keeping the scalp itch away and my hairline intact. There was i period where my RU supply got to zero so had use only topical fina and i lost noticable amount of hairline within something like 8 months. Changed to topical dutasteride which is far better, but i can't apply too often because of neurological symptoms so RU is a nice addition to this. When RU hit my scalp, the itch goes away instantly, no way it's placebo
Dht itch is bs lol. I never have itch. My hairline hasnt even moved in 10 years without treatments. But I got diffuse thinning very slowly over many years. Dutasteride oral and topical didnt help at all nor did 15 to 20mg oral min. Now im using finasteride once a week only oral and topical due to sides and i wanna add in RU daily. I used ru many times before but always had very bad experience from it hair wise. but gonna try again for the forth time lol. But how do u know this is mainly from the ethanol? And not possible RU side effects of dutasteride side effects ?

telogen

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Dht itch is bs lol. I never have itch. My hairline hasnt even moved in 10 years without treatments. But I got diffuse thinning very slowly over many years. Dutasteride oral and topical didnt help at all nor did 15 to 20mg oral min. Now im using finasteride once a week only oral and topical due to sides and i wanna add in RU daily. I used ru many times before but always had very bad experience from it hair wise. but gonna try again for the forth time lol. But how do u know this is mainly from the ethanol? And not possible RU side effects of dutasteride side effects ?
The itch is most definitely real, many guys in here experience it and it make sense. Hairloss creates inflammation in the scalp. Obviously with any kind of health condition, not everyone will have the same symptoms. Your case appears to be really bad with little respons to both AA's and 5ARI's. Bad luck. Maybe try Darolutamide?

Problem is RU has no purity guarantee. And, the half life is so short that even if you had pure RU it doesn’t matter anyways unless you’re applying it 3 times daily. Waste of money. Oral min is king

Im been using RU for 10 years with success. Using min to stop Androgenetic Alopecia without using a AA or 5ARI, is like keeping someone with a ruptured aorta alive with a transfusion without slowing the bleeding. You wont last long

I also believe binding affinity is more important then half life. Explains why RU seems to produce better results then KX-826 (anecdotally)

Last edited:

losingbattle88

My Regimen
Reaction score
The itch is most definitely real, many guys in here experience it and it make sense. Hairloss creates inflammation in the scalp. Obviously with any kind of health condition, not everyone will have the same symptoms. Your case appears to be really bad with little respons to both AA's and 5ARI's. Bad luck. Maybe try Darolutamide?

Im been using RU for 10 years with success. Using min to stop Androgenetic Alopecia without using a AA or 5ARI, is like keeping someone with a ruptured aorta alive with a transfusion without slowing the bleeding. You wont last long

I also believe binding affinity is more important then half life. Explains why RU seems to produce better results then KX-826 (anecdotally)
Bro how does applying alcohol for 10 years not cause scalp inflammation and hairloss ? Alcohol is very bad for skin. I once applied alot of minoxidil for 2 monthd and my scalp became red and inflamed and pulled out 100 hairs at once on the hairline. I got diffuse thinning but no scalp itch anywhere litteraly. Hairloss isnt just due to inflammation at all. There can be many causes.

telogen

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Post photos
It would not really prove anything as i've only maintained, not gained. This is what you can expect from treatments who doesn't turn you trans.
Bro how does applying alcohol for 10 years not cause scalp inflammation and hairloss ? Alcohol is very bad for skin. I once applied alot of minoxidil for 2 monthd and my scalp became red and inflamed and pulled out 100 hairs at once on the hairline. I got diffuse thinning but no scalp itch anywhere litteraly. Hairloss isnt just due to inflammation at all. There can be many causes.
PG is supposed to mitigate the drying effect of alcohol. If you're experiencing skin inflammation applying it, you're allergic and should either increase the PG ratio or go Trichosol. My issues with alcohol is not scalp related.

Diffuse hairloss is the worst kind it seems. These are the most aggressive cases who often needs the most aggressive treatments. Most people don't have it so bad, you're unfortunately an outlier.

losingbattle88

My Regimen
Reaction score
It would not really prove anything as i've only maintained, not gained. This is what you can expect from treatments who doesn't turn you trans.

PG is supposed to mitigate the drying effect of alcohol. If you're experiencing skin inflammation applying it, you're allergic and should either increase the PG ratio or go Trichosol. My issues with alcohol is not scalp related.

Diffuse hairloss is the worst kind it seems. These are the most aggressive cases who often needs the most aggressive treatments. Most people don't have it so bad, you're unfortunately an outlier.
No im not lol. Many have diffuse loss and receeded its the most common form of hairloss. Having just receeding and no diffuse loss is more rare. Most older dudes got diffuse thinning.

Bukowski

Established Member
Reaction score

Definitely give Trichosol a try.