Are their any recommended FUE doctors in Mexico? Or are they all a scam?

CoupeIt88

Reaction score
Recently I visited a pronounced transplant doctor in Westchester County, New York. I told him what I wanted done and he told me that I wasn't a good candidate for FUE even tho I'm thinnning/losing hair on the sides of my hairline. He sold me Viviscal Professional instead and told me to check back with him in 6 months.

I was discouraged becauseI thought that he'd help me out. I may not have extreme hairloss but I know my sides have receded and I want to get it fixed. So I've skypd a couple doctors from Mexico since they give me the time of day. Both doctors said I'd be looking at somewhere between 600-800 grafts for what I want accomplished. One doctors clinic in Cancun (Perfection) has had some horrible reviews when it's come down to all surgery's. The other doctor is in Guardlajara, but it's extremely difficult to get there from NY and he seems rather young.

I'm ready to pull the trigger and get this procedure done but I just don't know where. I figure that many of the Mexican doctors take advantage of Americans but on the other hand an objective person has to think "Their has to be at least one good hair transplant surgeon in Mexico? Right?"

I see that this website gives a recommenced list of doctors (worldwide) but none in Mexico. So I'll ask/beg/plead again, is there any trusted Mexican doctors who come highly recommended with the FUE hair transplant

nikko

Reaction score
First of all why don t you get on meds?
Second of all I would never ever have a surgery done there, said that it is your choice.

CoupeIt88

Reaction score
I have been on meds, they haven't worked. Minoxidil for 10 months, specific shampoos. - Nothing.

I just find it unbelievable that their aren't any recommended doctors in Mexico. A country with 135 million people and we haven't been able to find one good transplant doctor? How is that possible.

CoupeIt88

Reaction score
First of all why don t you get on meds?
Second of all I would never ever have a surgery done there, said that it is your choice.

I have tried Med's they haven't worked. Been on Minoxlidil and various shampoos.

ndubya

Reaction score
I hear ya, it would be really nice to have a Great surgeon just South of the border.

pidda

Established Member
Reaction score
I didn't know there were any popular doctors in Mexico.

anxious1

Established Member
Reaction score
i think your better off going without until you can afford one in a more medically superior country.

a bad transplant looks much worse than a bald head, and plus theres the risk of infection etc, plus its a dangerous country to travel to. alot of risk for the possibility of a good transplant for cheap.

remember , you get what you pay for. i know everyone says it, but it really applies here.

perhaps try to save up for a small amount of transplants, and save the rest of your donor hair for when you have more money.

- - - Updated - - -

diffuse transplants, plus scalp micropigmentation is another good way to save money, especially if your able to cover them up with more transplants in the future when u get more moeny.

zdm632

Established Member
Reaction score
Yes, good advice, but it also applies for SMP. There's that London-company of 3 letters starting with "H", which do quality SMP, but they charge a fortune.
But it's complicated, as i know, to blend SMP well with existing hair. SMP looks best with the head shaved.