Are The Cheaper Fibres On Ebay Real Or Fake?

Quantum Cat

Reaction score
Browsing ebay and Amazon you find an overwhelming number of hair fibre concealers

Many of the much cheaper fibres appear to be well-known brands such as Toppik and Caboki - with the same packaging and names.

On their official website Caboki has a stark warning that all the 'Caboki' fibres found on ebay are not genuine and to be avoided, but what puzzles me is how are imitators allowed to get away with using trade-marked names to sell their products and why don't the real companies take legal action to stop it?

I guess what I want to know is do people here find the cheaper fibres as effective as buying from the official sites?

Last edited:

azuri

Established Member
Reaction score
Well that explains it... I got scammed.
I recently bought caboki on eBay and the quality is terrible . Prior I used toppik which worked well . Next time I’ll be buying direct from their site.

James Green

My Regimen
Reaction score
Browsing ebay and Amazon you find an overwhelming number of hair fibre concealers

Many of the much cheaper fibres appear to be well-known brands such as Toppik and Caboki - with the same packaging and names.

On their official website Caboki has a stark warning that all the 'Caboki' fibres found on ebay are not genuine and to be avoided, but what puzzles me is how are imitators hair salon allowed to get away with using trade-marked names to sell their products and why don't the real companies take legal action to stop it?

I guess what I want to know is do people here find the cheaper fibres as effective as buying from the official sites?

Just my 2 cents majority of things on eBay is never regulated and tends to be fake. If the product is a top seller it just takes one merchant to recreate it cheaper in China. Amazon reacts quicker but they also face the same issue sometimes.

Last edited:

Faizan Ali

My Regimen
Reaction score
The counterfeit hair concealers you find on ebay or amazon worth few 10 bucks or so can damage your hair but people lured towards them due to high price difference instead you can use Gofybr which is more economical than these fake copies of caboki and toppik

JohnsonDDG

My Regimen
Reaction score
I got the cheap toppik and it works great for me

JohnsonDDG

My Regimen
Reaction score
They could be harmful in the long run
Been using it for 2 years and all is well.

I actually think its stolen toppik from a factory because mine is branded and the same as the shop bought one.

JohnsonDDG

My Regimen
Reaction score
Lol btw how much it costs you?
Mine was 25g for 15$ plus delivery.

If you buy the fibre's in a 100g packet then its more cost effective.

I only use a small amount most days so 100g lasts me one year!

Parity07

My Regimen
Reaction score
Definitely fake Toppik on eBay. The difference is staggering and it almost has a glitter effect. Horrible.

BetterLivinThruChemistry

My Regimen
Reaction score
I definitely think fake. My latest batch says "Made in USA" on the can, but on a sticker attached to the clear plastic used to wrap the can, it says "Made in China". But I still buy it, use it and I'm actually quite content with it.