Are the androgen receptors of the hair follicles vital to them?

BurningCoals

My Regimen
Reaction score
Do the androgen receptors of the hair follicles do anything important and vital for them?

Hypothetically, if we were to completely destroy the androgen receptors to the follicles, would it have any adverse effects on them?

Selb

My Regimen
Reaction score
Some men have androgen insensitivity syndrome. And they don’t have scalp hair issues even with non functioning androgen receptors. So hypothetically, let’s say you were able to target scalp ARs and degrade them entirely. Hair follicles should be fine

BurningCoals

My Regimen
Reaction score
Some men have androgen insensitivity syndrome. And they don’t have scalp hair issues even with non functioning androgen receptors. So hypothetically, let’s say you were able to target scalp ARs and degrade them entirely. Hair follicles should be fine
If there is a god this gotta be some cruel joke, creating useless androgen receptors on the hair follicles, and making them senstive so that androgens destroy them, while promoting hair growth everywhere else.

Selb

My Regimen
Reaction score
If there is a god this gotta be some cruel joke, creating useless androgen receptors, and making them senstive so that androgens destroy them, while promoting hair growth everywhere else.

Lol if hairy men with amazing beards also kept an amazing mane, there wouldn’t be enough women around for the hairless men

NickyA

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I read in a magazine of an injection that can be used in chimps with a disease that eventually makes them blind due to an autoimmune disorder. The chimps have to be injected once monthly and they keep their eyesight long term. If we could develop something similar to that, that targets the receptors in the follicles, we might have a definite cure for hair loss prevention long term. Sadly this whole thing is very experimental for the time being.

BurningCoals

My Regimen
Reaction score
I read in a magazine of an injection that can be used in chimps with a disease that eventually makes them blind due to an autoimmune disorder. The chimps have to be injected once monthly and they keep their eyesight long term. If we could develop something similar to that, that targets the receptors in the follicles, we might have a definite cure for hair loss prevention long term. Sadly this whole thing is very experimental for the time being.
I hate needles but I'd totally be on board for that.

Maybe if that comes out and we have to inject that stuff regularly, male pattern baldness will be viewed more like diabetes haha.

BurningCoals

My Regimen
Reaction score
Also, regarding chimpanzees, since they also suffer from balding, if they ever rise to power like in Planet of the Apes or something, all they need to do is to copy our FUE techniques and they're cured, since they have a pretty much unlimited donor area.

NickyA

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I hate needles but I'd totally be on board for that.

Maybe if that comes out and we have to inject that stuff regularly, male pattern baldness will be viewed more like diabetes haha.

Yeah I believe our generation and maybe Generation Z would be the last to go bald. In 40 years we'll probably have accessible hair cloning, gene editing/designer babies, better meds or efficient and safe topical blockers for androgen receptors at least.

Also, regarding chimpanzees, since they also suffer from balding, if they ever rise to power like in Planet of the Apes or something, all they need to do is to copy our FUE techniques and they're cured, since they have a pretty much unlimited donor area.

I dunno about that, you'd have to ask Dr. Zaius, not me hahahahaha.