Are solar panels worth it? Some recommendations for newbie please

Braylon

My Regimen
Reaction score
I have a house in Illinois that I'm consider installing solar panels on. For the Tesla panels + 3 day energy bank, it's about 27k. With the big federal rebate, about 20k.
I'm wonder if this would generally be worth it in the long run. It would take quite awhile to pay itself off with the energy savings, buy would also increase the value of the home. Your thoughts?

Hairful

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
If you live in third world poor countries, absolutely.

In the developed world, it’s a waste of money unless you’re into some Greta shitt and sustainability or some crap like that

49014ED8-9D2C-4ED9-BCF5-A8524AD6D0FC.jpeg

jensyy

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Definitely worth it. No matter what argument someone can bring in

Likewise

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
We installed water solar panels three years ago and it made a huge difference in our lives. Absolutely worth it.
Thanks to solcius for all the great advices, which they gave us https://www.pissedconsumer.com/cоmpany/solcius/review.html.
The next step would be to buy couple of more solar panels and sell electricity to our neighbours.

Last edited:

SienJoel

My Regimen
Reaction score
If you live in third world poor countries, absolutely.

In the developed world, it’s a waste of money unless you’re into some Greta shitt and sustainability or some crap like that
I beg to differ. If you look at the world map, it turns out that natural disasters also occur in quite prosperous countries. It's not about saving money on electricity. The fact is that you can suddenly find yourself without basic electricity due to an accident on power lines. My house is not in the most peaceful area of Canada. Spring flooding of rivers is a normal situation. I spent a certain amount for sump pump installation - https://www.draincom.ca/sump-pump-installation/ This has saved me more than once in the event of a spill of water above the norm or atypical downpours. But think for a moment what would happen if the electricity went out. Are you sure you have a backup generator at home? I prefer to have a little insurance against such an event so that I do not have to completely repair the lower rafters of the house and get rid of mold in the insulation.