Are Propecia Sides All In Your Head?

ItsAllOnYourHead

My Regimen
Reaction score
Is it a possibility that the reason people feel side effects like low libido, ED, are more a bi product of them worrying about their hair loss in general and being anxious over whether propecia will actually work for them. Especially if the hair loss is aggressive. Stress and worry general do play havoc with the body.

Generally libido is the first thing to suffer if you are worrying about something, that and hunger ect.

Seems strange how the severity of the side effects have gotten worse over the time propecia has been on the market. You could say paranoia feeds paranoia ect.

If someone hadn't read about the possible side effects of propecia and begin taking it, would they have the same fears, probably not.

Food for thought. I have just started on finasteride and I'm not anxious about the side effects, so Will be interesting to see how it goes.

dralex

My Regimen
Reaction score
A good amount of the side effects people are feeling is most likely just the placebo effect. But that isn't the case for everyone. Some people definitely have side effects on the drug. All studies have shown a higher incidence of side effects in the groups taking finasteride vs. the placebo group.

Jnix

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Is it a possibility that the reason people feel side effects like low libido, ED, are more a bi product of them worrying about their hair loss in general and being anxious over whether propecia will actually work for them. Especially if the hair loss is aggressive. Stress and worry general do play havoc with the body.

Generally libido is the first thing to suffer if you are worrying about something, that and hunger ect.

Seems strange how the severity of the side effects have gotten worse over the time propecia has been on the market. You could say paranoia feeds paranoia ect.

If someone hadn't read about the possible side effects of propecia and begin taking it, would they have the same fears, probably not.

Food for thought. I have just started on finasteride and I'm not anxious about the side effects, so Will be interesting to see how it goes.

It's ALL in our heads!! That's the problem!

kj6723

My Regimen
Reaction score
I suspect for some people. I don't doubt for some they're legit.

I definitely jizz water though. That's not in my mind

buckthorn

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
stupidest f*****g post I've ever read. sorry op. there is no logic here at all. think long and hard (the opposite of your dick on propecia) about it.

kj6723

My Regimen
Reaction score
think long and hard (the opposite of your dick on propecia)

raw

jimmyjonas

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I am open to the idea that the mind plays a huge part in PFS and getting sides, I think it's very plausible however nobody has been able to convince me that it can make you lose sensation in penis and develop a bad curve in penis, bear in mind I took it for a short period of time and remember being quite happy about being on it as in finally I'm doing something about hairloss and honestly wasn't scared of sides while on it. I will admit I decided not to take it in my twenties because of what I read about the sides but that was a long time ago and made the decision after being told PFS is nocebo effect by a surgeon.

For me now I've had numbness for 6 months, and along with that zero desire for sex the urge is just gone before it I had a very high libido now it just doesn't register but it's not just desire I am a different person now my zest/mojo for life isn't there at moment and has been absent since stopping finasteride until you feel it it's very hard to describe but it's like your primal urge is gone. I never read anything about that particular side effect before I took it as in physical numbness I was aware of reports of low libido/desire so I believe it was the drug that damaged and altered my body but who knows.

It was suggested to me by a friend who studies psychology for many years that PFS is a conversion disorder and is an interesting theory but I'm not convinced. My advice to you is get off forums and just live your life you'll just freak yourself out reading all the sh*t online.

ItsAllOnYourHead

My Regimen
Reaction score
I am open to the idea that the mind plays a huge part in PFS and getting sides, I think it's very plausible however nobody has been able to convince me that it can make you lose sensation in penis and develop a bad curve in penis, bear in mind I took it for a short period of time and remember being quite happy about being on it as in finally I'm doing something about hairloss and honestly wasn't scared of sides while on it. I will admit I decided not to take it in my twenties because of what I read about the sides but that was a long time ago and made the decision after being told PFS is nocebo effect by a surgeon.

For me now I've had numbness for 6 months, and along with that zero desire for sex the urge is just gone before it I had a very high libido now it just doesn't register but it's not just desire I am a different person now my zest/mojo for life isn't there at moment and has been absent since stopping finasteride until you feel it it's very hard to describe but it's like your primal urge is gone. I never read anything about that particular side effect before I took it as in physical numbness I was aware of reports of low libido/desire so I believe it was the drug that damaged and altered my body but who knows.

It was suggested to me by a friend who studies psychology for many years that PFS is a conversion disorder and is an interesting theory but I'm not convinced. My advice to you is get off forums and just live your life you'll just freak yourself out reading all the sh*t online.

Interesting post