Are people are more overcritical of bald people?

baldguy28

Established Member
Reaction score
Since I started rapidly losing my hair 2 years ago I've noticed that people have become more and more overcritical of me, especially at work. When I'm barely doing anything wrong it seems like my boss nitpicks at me when there are other people around me (with full heads of hair) who have admitted to doing the same things wrong but my supervisor hasn't reprimanded them out loud. I've noticed that many women are especially overcritical of bald men as if they are saying "You're losing your hair so more things have to be wrong with you." It's almost like nothing I do feels good enough at times. Has anyone else experienced this?

47thin

Established Member
Reaction score
I don't think anyone has it out for bald people. I worked with a guy who was bald and good at sales, and they treated him like a king. He was pretty cocky also, and nothing great to look at, but he carried himself with pride.
All I can say, is if you find you've become the target, or a doormat, it is because you let people get to you. I had the same problem. IF you can, when you are in an advantageous position, smack the bullies back, with in reason. If people can walk on you, or take advantage of you, they will.

G

i think its your self confidence. you have probably a lower self confidence coz of you hairloss and so people pick on you. i think i have the same problems sometimes, but if you show confidence, they wont treat you like that.

recboi

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Let's not forget that the media redicules balding men. George Castanza would not have been casted as a loser had he had hair. Bald guys are usually the bad guys, or are incompetent oafs. On TV commercials that openly make fun of them. Wasn't there some candy bar commercial recently making fun of bald men?

templemonk

Established Member
Reaction score
you probably suck at things that you do and you are just trying to blame it on your hairloss.

UK1

Experienced Member
Reaction score
baldguy28 said:
Since I started rapidly losing my hair 2 years ago I've noticed that people have become more and more overcritical of me, especially at work. When I'm barely doing anything wrong it seems like my boss nitpicks at me when there are other people around me (with full heads of hair) who have admitted to doing the same things wrong but my supervisor hasn't reprimanded them out loud. I've noticed that many women are especially overcritical of bald men as if they are saying "You're losing your hair so more things have to be wrong with you." It's almost like nothing I do feels good enough at times. Has anyone else experienced this?

I'd say you have a point, people are often more tolerant with 'good looking' people, saying this.. it is not just about the hairloss.

G

UK78 said:
baldguy28 said:

I'd say you have a point, people are often more tolerant with 'good looking' people, saying this.. it is not just about the hairloss.

I agree and for being honest I think this counts even more for women.

hairwegoagain

Reaction score
recboi said:
Wasn't there some candy bar commercial recently making fun of bald men?

Yes, it was a Snickers commercial. Very funny commercial. Damn I love those Snickers bars. I really f*****g do! Great company (Mars), great candy, great commercial.

Dude, you need thicker skin.

recboi

Experienced Member
Reaction score
hairwegoagain said:
recboi said:
Wasn't there some candy bar commercial recently making fun of bald men?

Yes, it was a Snickers commercial. Very funny commercial. Damn I love those Snickers bars. I really f****ing do! Great company (Mars), great candy, great commercial.

Dude, you need thicker skin.

Do you think they would make a commercial m aking fun of fat people other than that wii or playstation commercial??? Remember, people have control over their weight, but not over their hairloss, yet the media on a regular basis makes fun of guys over something they have no control over, but it's not "okay" to do that with fat people. Why?

hairwegoagain

Reaction score
recboi said:
Do you think they would make a commercial m aking fun of fat people other than that wii or playstation commercial??? Remember, people have control over their weight, but not over their hairloss, yet the media on a regular basis makes fun of guys over something they have no control over, but it's not "okay" to do that with fat people. Why?

If "they" thought it would sell their product and/or further their brand awareness, I'm sure they would. I certainly would! I'd make fun of baldies too! Those dumb-looking reflecto-heads who couldn't get a rim job to save their Norwoods!

The point is that you need to stop thinking and acting like a victim. Not picking on you exclusively...

recboi

Experienced Member
Reaction score
hairwegoagain said:
recboi said:

If "they" thought it would sell their product and/or further their brand awareness, I'm sure they would. I certainly would! I'd make fun of baldies too! Those dumb-looking reflecto-heads who couldn't get a rim job to save their Norwoods!

The point is that you need to stop thinking and acting like a victim. Not picking on you exclusively...

So do you think these fat acceptance groups, and people excusing obesity saying "this is what a real woman looks like" is okay? Do you think bald guys could get away with something like that, given that at least fatties have control over their weight? Did you heart the latest study? They're trying to blame obesity on germs now.. haha. You've apparently never heard people making fun of bald guys. I know guys who have much worse hairloss than I do, and when they're around friends, as soon as he goes to the bathroom, they start making fun of his hairloss. Always.. I even see total strangers doing this to their balding friends.. Constantly the butt of jokes, etc..

hairwegoagain

Reaction score
recboi said:
So do you think these fat acceptance groups, and people excusing obesity saying "this is what a real woman looks like" is okay?

Is it ok? Doesn't make a flip of difference to me. Why would I care what fat people use as excuses? What does it have to do with you? An argument could be made that we, as taxpayers, are footing the bill for such behavior - which is not cool with me...but I don't believe that's your point. Sounds like you just can't avoid getting your feelings hurt - hence my statement of your needing thicker skin.

Do you think bald guys could get away with something like that, given that at least fatties have control over their weight?

Get away with what? What are they getting away with? They're still fat. If you equate senseless talk and excuse with "getting away" with something, then sure - go for it.

Did you heart the latest study? They're trying to blame obesity on germs now.. haha.

No I didn't hear that...but who cares? What does that have to do with you?

You've apparently never heard people making fun of bald guys.

Of course I have. I just don't let it affect every fiber of my being. You shouldn't either. If you let someone's words bring you down then you are in store for a tortuous life when real problems roll around. Think about it. Buck up. No one has it in for you.

G

Haha. It's really pathetic how many guys on here subscribe to the notion that it's okay to make fun of fat people since most can control their weight, but it's not okay to make fun of bald men because most can't control their baldness. I guess some baldies on here want to feel superior to at least one group.

s.a.f

Reaction score
If I could reverse my baldness by eating less and excercising I would'nt be on here.