Are men raped just as often as women?

Reaction score
http://www.slate.com/articles/double...assaulted.html

Surveys that define rape in a way that can't apply to male victims show that male rape is rare. But when the definition was expanded to include other activities that clearly would cause the same emotions, the number of male respondents saying they are raped nearly matched females in the general population.

There is also a huge number of rapes in prison obviously.

Here is the kicker:
Both inside and outside prison, the vast majority of male rape victims, under the improved definition, said that their attackers were female, not male.

In male prisons, according to that article, men are far more likely to be assaulted by female guards than by other prisoners.

What prompted me to google that?
While watching YouTube videos about crazy online dating stories, I stumbled on a video by a woman explaining to other women how to do a particular sex move with their husbands. Based on her appearance and the particular sex move, I found it highly unlikely that any spouse would consent to being on that other end. (She was obese and talking about facesitting, encouraging other obese women to have their husbands participate). Given the legal power wives can have over their husbands, I did find it believable some could order it.

Afro_Vacancy

My Regimen
Reaction score
Rape against men is a very serious issue, particularly if you include prison rape, and rape against young boys.

Part of the reason that it is researched less is the tremendous shame among men who are rape victims, it is often even greater than the shame among women. This leads to less reporting, which makes it more difficult to study and discuss the issue.

Police are not helpful. I know of one guy who reported his wife to police, the police just made fun of him when they showed up.

Notcoolanymore

Reaction score
(She was obese and talking about facesitting, encouraging other obese women to have their husbands participate).
Forget rape, this can be considered attempted murder. One wrong move and the poor dude could end up suffocating.

jennd

Reaction score
I would believe it. I would think that because we don't normally hear as many stories from males (outside of prison) because if a male claimed he was raped by a female, many would dismiss it and/or call him a "pussy" or something to that extent. A lot of people wouldn't take that seriously, especially if we're talking about adults. It's toxic to assume every male should embrace any female's advances because "getting laid" should be every guy's goal. There are some nasty-*** girls out there like there are nasty guys out there. That being said, any gender can be forced to do something or have something forced upon them that they don't want at all. We all have to watch our backs, unfortunately.

buckthorn

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
I think I was once raped by a fat chick.

ahahahah!! I almost pissed my pants. you THINK you were raped. I have definitely been mentally raped by a few women. Evolution has determined that men are physically capable of rape, and societal and relationship evolution has determined that women are mentally capable of rape... that's how we survive now a days. Darwin would be f*cking proud.