Are higher does of Minoxidil more effective?

Bryan

Staff member
Reaction score
LookingGood! said:
So after 100 replies the question was never answered.

Are higher concentrations of minoxidil more effective in treating male pattern baldness?

Of course they are, up to a point (not just higher concentrations, but also higher quantities). But you do get diminishing returns, as Joseph pointed out.

Bryan

G

Thanks for this very interesting and educational thread, I got many precious informations about Retin-A/minoxidil 5%
So I got that the best solution for the best effect/results in theorical way seems to be: to apply first Retin-A and after 1 hour Minoxidil 5%, right?

Bryan

Staff member
Reaction score
The timing probably doesn't make much difference.

LookingGood!

Experienced Member
Reaction score
So Bryan,

if you were to apply the retina/minoxidil combo you would not select a Dr Lee combo but would buy the retin A separate from the minoxidil and apply them a few minutes apart?

The Dr lee formula seems so convenient though.

G

You can use them in different days
When I bought dr.Lee minoxidil+Retin-A; I used on monday retina/minoxidil combo apply them a few minutes apart (applying them a few minutes apart), on thursday dr.Lee combo, on wednesday like monday and so on 8)

LookingGood!

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Kiffa said:
You can use them in different days
When I bought dr.Lee minoxidil+Retin-A; I used on monday retina/minoxidil combo apply them a few minutes apart (applying them a few minutes apart), on thursday dr.Lee combo, on wednesday like monday and so on 8)

Why would one want to do that?

Either you use one product combo or the other...right?

I dont see the logic in doing it your way.

Please explain why you do that.

Thanks

Bryan

Staff member
Reaction score
LookingGood! said:
So Bryan,

if you were to apply the retina/minoxidil combo you would not select a Dr Lee combo but would buy the retin A separate from the minoxidil and apply them a few minutes apart?

Yes, I would apply them apart. Whether it's minutes or hours doesn't make any difference.

Bryan

joseph49853

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Bryan said:
LookingGood! said:
So Bryan,

Yes, I would apply them apart. Whether it's minutes or hours doesn't make any difference.

Bryan

I've discovered this to be true. Only reason to wait longer is if you experience too much irritation.