Are Hair Clinic/surgeons Any Good Outside Of male pattern baldness ?

whattouseguy

Reaction score
Just curious as i have been having issues with my scalp that may or may not be male pattern baldness related.... i won't go into the symptoms but will just say i have a lot of hormonal issues along with bad scalp conditions and ocd tendancies.

Would i be better visiting a dermatologist ? or would a hair clinic that perform transplants be qualified enough to understand the reason for my hair loss and provide a treatment if it isn't male pattern baldness related for example ? or will he just want my money and suggest a hair transplant regardless of the cause.

I ask as a few years back i visited a trichologist when my problems began... he ripped out a few hairs for testing as he put it and sold me some very expensive lotions and potions...that did feck all and also the hair he pulled out never grew back so have a fingernail sized hair loss on top along with the hair loss i now also have.

So short version are hair clinics/surgeons good for getting to the root of hairloss problems ? or are they just out to get money and will say male pattern baldness and push for the most expensive treatment.?

cheers.,