Are Fat Guys Less Bald? Does Masturbation Play a Role?

westcovinajoe

Established Member
Reaction score
Hey there,

I was just listening to a radio doctor talk about how obese men can actually have penis and testicle shrinkage due to the fact that estrogen stores in fat, therefore more fat - more estrogen - less penis.

So does that mean that fat guys may be more likely to keep their hair? Just a question I had, I see so many here, I had to ask one or two...

Also, I know that physiologically the chemicals in the brain respond differently to masturbation than with sexual intercourse. Does this play some role? Any studies done on it? I know I have beat the bishop on an occasion or two...

All replies are welcome.

Joe.

Shave my poodle

Established Member
Reaction score
westcovinajoe said:
Also, I know that physiologically the chemicals in the brain respond differently to masturbation than with sexual intercourse. .

I'm pretty sure the brain responds to ejaculation the same way regardless of you shagging a blow up sheep, a hot babe or your hand.

And stopping wanking for a week increases testosterone by 140% so in theory its actually beneficial to masturbate every few days or so to keep test levels stable.

G

I have seen a lot of fat boys with a Full head of hair.

The majority of bald guys I see are in good shape or athletic.

If you masturbate often, you generate MORE Testosterone than if you don't. You can ask an expert if you want.

westcovinajoe

Established Member
Reaction score
GoodGuy said:
I have seen a lot of fat boys with a Full head of hair.

The majority of bald guys I see are in good shape or athletic.

If you masturbate often, you generate MORE Testosterone than if you don't. You can ask an expert if you want.

Yes I have read and noticed these things too. I wonder when or if someone will put together a study on these things.

It seems like there are possible answers in fat and sex response that are not being taken into account by those trying to stop hair loss...

Thanks for the input guys, anyone else???

Joe.

venomman

Reaction score
I think masterbating plays a serious role in hairloss but people are way to ignorant to accept it.

Sex is differnt because you are burning a lot of calories and sweating alot. I dont know maybe that doesnt cause as much DHT build up because all the DHT in the pours escapes when you sweat.

Im not a doctor, so i dont have any slight idea what im talking about. But its my opinion

northeastguy

Reaction score
I think masturbation has a serious part in hair loss. In saying that, I feel sex and masturbation cause the same damage...your body really doesn't know the difference. Too much of a good thing can be a bad thing and I think that's the case with sex. I seriously feel male pattern baldness is due to these things.

jumpedthegun

Established Member
Reaction score
i notice the opposite. more overweight guys are bald. i've always thought it might be related to their horrible diet. you are what you eat.

you guys are ridiculous with the masterbatory theories. flippin ridiculous.

YoungAndThin

Established Member
Reaction score
The other day I was watching a documentary on TLC about this guy who was 750 lbs. He had a nice full thick head of hair with a low perfect hairline.

He went to this special treatment center for the morbidly obese and all the male patients there all had full thick hair without a trace of male pattern baldness.

I mean this 750 lbs man's diet basically consisted of fast food, fried food and junk food.

Axon

Reaction score
Don't spread this kind of bullshit around. DHT escapes through your pores? How did you get out of Junior High biology?

westcovinajoe

Established Member
Reaction score
Well I suppose someone running a video of a woman falling through a hole in the floor is an expert in all things biological now???

How does a moderator get away with this kind of personal attack?

This thread is pretty clear about its intent to question whether or not there are links to male pattern baldness in our weight and sex lives.

We don't need anybody's judgement, but if you have some data or can point to some studies or research, I am certain that would benefit us all.

Axon

Reaction score
westcovinajoe said:
Well I suppose someone running a video of a woman falling through a hole in the floor is an expert in all things biological now???

How does a moderator get away with this kind of personal attack?

This thread is pretty clear about its intent to question whether or not there are links to male pattern baldness in our weight and sex lives.

We don't need anybody's judgement, but if you have some data or can point to some studies or research, I am certain that would benefit us all.

1. Attacking the post content based on an avatar shows how weak your argument is.

2. I didn't attack you, unless you consider saying not to spread this bullshit around an attack. But hey, I guess it never occured to you that this topic has been debated (no pun) at length on these forums FOR YEARS, and thus, it would be worthwhile to use the search.

3. Fat guys go bald just as much as skinny guys. Weight has nothing to do with hair loss, which is an auto-immune response by the body. Do you honestly believe that if you gained 100 pounds this year, your hair loss would stop?

4. You think if you stop beating off now and never do so again, your hair loss will stop? Or move at a slower rate? Or that the body can actually determine when it's YOU doing the ejaculation? What if you see a dominatrix and she makes you jack off? What if she does most of it for you and you handle the last three strokes? What if you're sweating because it's hot in your house, and the DHT high-tails it outta there, pore style?

Christ.

The reason I say not to spread this kind of crap around is because its irrelevant. We're all here because we're balding - and it has nothing to do with our lifestyles, all of which I'm sure are pretty average. All posts like this do is scare people. Please understand how long I've been on these forums and how often I've seen these circular arguments.

northeastguy

Reaction score
" and it has nothing to do with our lifestyles"

I think it has everything to do with them. Of course, my opinions couldn't be correct, I'm not a moderator. What do we non-moderators know anyhow?

Axon

Reaction score
northeastguy said:
" and it has nothing to do with our lifestyles"

I think it has everything to do with them. Of course, my opinions couldn't be correct, I'm not a moderator. What do we non-moderators know anyhow?

Stop, you guys know plenty. But do you honestly believe that if you ate perfectly and only drank water throughout your entire life, you wouldn't be suffering from hair loss? Or do you just feel that a poor lifestyle makes things worse? It's hard to determine your position from the above statement.

My lifestyle is "clean" and pretty much has been since, well, sh*t, birth. I've never even so much as smoked a cigarette, I rarely drink; I've been working out since 20 and was doing conditioning at 13. The extent of my drug use, ever, was eating a weed brownie at age 14. While I occasionally eat "junk" foods, such as cookies and McDonald's, I'd say 95% of my diet is chicken, fish and vegetables. This is not to brag; frankly, none of this boring sh*t is worth bragging about. It's only to put things into context.

And yet, I'm going bald. And for every example like me, you can find some nutjob who does crack, but still has perfect hair.

There's simply no causal evidence linking lifestyle and hair loss, save with steroid use. I'd say a crappy lifestyle can't help hair loss, but I would be hard pressed to believe that poor living triggers the onset of male pattern baldness, or speeds the process once it's begun, given the little knowledge we do have of the male pattern baldness process as this point. There's one study that I've found which indicates that extremely minimal levels of iron in the blood can lead to increased shedding. (but says nothing of male pattern baldness, unfortunately). This also lead to the whole OMG eat L-Lysine thing that went around for a while.

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/entrez/quer ... uery_hl=14

As for the moderator thing, I've never made that an issue and never will. You guys did. I will never say I'm a mod, so I must be right. I will, however, say that I've seen these arguments for years and have come to these conclusions.

rockinreel

Reaction score
I couldn't agree more with the moderator. Once your hair first starts falling out, you freak out for a while. You think of everything that may cause it. I once wondered if walking in front of a satellite dish everyday going to lunch, caused my hair to start thinning. I realized that thought was ridiculous. How could I be the only one. So don't think too much about it, or IOW panic about it.

You do lots of different things in your life that build testosterone levels. Exercising, walking, thinking about sex a lot, jacking off, playing ball. Are you going to quit all of that too?

I think anyone that believes jacking off uses a different part of your brain than real sex, is probably suffering or borderline suffering from anxiety b/c their hair is falling out.

northeastguy

Reaction score
First off, Axon sorry to come across the way I did. Your last post was respectable. I'm not saying lifestyle is 100% the cause, but I feel it plays a part. Mainly the lifestyle that involves alot of sex.

I mean I've done some crazy sh*t to my body and I'm only 21. Yet I'm losing fast and I honestly feel if I'd have avoided some stuff it wouldn't be quite so bad. Maybe so, maybe not.

"thinking about sex a lot, jacking off, playing ball. Are you going to quit all of that too?"

As far as exercising and playing ball no. Jacking off and thinking about sex soo much, yes I have cut back. I find most of the friends I know losing hair are sex freaks. Its almost sick sometimes the way they talk and all lol. So I seriously think sex plays a huge role in male pattern baldness.

"I think anyone that believes jacking off uses a different part of your brain than real sex, is probably suffering or borderline suffering from anxiety b/c their hair is falling out."

I agree, somewhat. I don't think masturbation and sex are any different. The body doesn't know the difference. I'm just saying that too much of a good thing might have a serious affect on our hair.

Axon

Reaction score
It's cool man. I forget how I come across at times as well.

As a peace offering, here's a pic of the girls on my floor at haloween:

floorgirls.jpg

Being a Grad student RA has priviliges beyond free housing. Awww yeah.

Shave my poodle

Established Member
Reaction score
Axon said:

:shock: :freaked: :freaked2: :shock: :freaked: :freaked2: :dizzy: :love-struck: :jumpy: