Are balding guys smarter and have higher sex drive?

joshing05

Reaction score
some people claim that guys who are losing hair are smarter and have a higher sex drive than guys with thick hair...... share your view?

ClayShaw

Experienced Member
Reaction score
No.
Do black people have smaller brains? Its the same sort of totally idiotic thinking. I think the fact that this question is even posted proves that the answer is a definite "NO!".

decro435

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Guys who are losing their hair have more sensitive follicles to hormones, especially DHT. This Binds to the androgen receptors in the Dermal Papilla and ultimately chokes the follicle to death.

ali777

Reaction score
askas said:
decro435 said:
Guys who are losing their hair have more sensitive follicles to hormones, especially DHT. This Binds to the androgen receptors in the Dermal Papilla and ultimately chokes the follicle to death.

Right. There's a misconception that hairloss is caused by excess of male hormones, whereas the real reason is sensitive follicles, not the amount of hormones.

Right... So, that's why the best treatment for male pattern baldness is finasteride?

I think it's a mixture of both, ie excess hormones and sensitive follicles.

s.a.f

Reaction score
Its just a ridiculous prejudice like some people believe guys who wear glasses are smarter.

cuebald

Reaction score
Everyone knows bald guys are more virile than their haired bretheren :gay2:

Smooth

Experienced Member
Reaction score
I think we should ride that horse, maybe some rumor will catch on... maybe someone can fake a document about a research that says "bald guys have huge c****"... the next mornning dudeamon will be the most popular kid in his class/block :woot: ...

optimus prime

Experienced Member
Reaction score
joshing05 said:
Some people claim that guys who are losing hair are smarter and have a higher sex drive than guys with thick hair...... share your view?

Sounds to me like a rumour worth starting.

Smooth said:
I think we should ride that horse, maybe some rumor will catch on... maybe someone can fake a document about a research that says "bald guys have huge c****"... the next mornning dudeamon will be the most popular kid in his class/block :woot: ...

I will start spreading the rumour in the UK. It should get to the U.S. by next week.

s.a.f

Reaction score
cuebald said:
Yeah but they get less chance to prove it. :whistle:

ClayShaw

Experienced Member
Reaction score
s.a.f said:
cuebald said:
Yeah but they get less chance to prove it. :whistle:

Speak for yourself, SAF. You should see the mess I clean up off my chest/stomach on a daily basis.

Nuli

Established Member
Reaction score
I think you see more bald men in upper class jobs (CEO's, board members) because they work harder to make money so they might still be able to attract a wife even with their shiny dome. Sad.

s.a.f

Reaction score
Or maybe it just takes time to get to the top level of business so theres a higher chance that they will have lost hair by the time they get there.

Mane Man

Reaction score
My impartial opinion would be Of Course!

But seriously, the different amounts of certain hormones circulating around your body will affect everything about you.
Memory can be affected by cortisol, pregnenolone; Muscularity, penis size, aggresiveness by testestosterone (blacks - high, asians - low)
If baldness is being caused by excess testosterone and DHT, then you also should have an increased sex drive.

s.a.f

Reaction score
Mane Man said:
My impartial opinion would be Of Course!

But seriously, the different amounts of certain hormones circulating around your body will affect everything about you.
Memory can be affected by cortisol, pregnenolone; Muscularity, penis size, aggresiveness by testestosterone (blacks - high, asians - low)
If baldness is being caused by excess testosterone and DHT, then you also should have an increased sex drive.

Unfortunatley baldness is'nt caused by excess testosterone and DHT its caused by our follicles sensitivity to them.

uncomfortable man

Reaction score
And another myth is laid to rest thanks to SAF. :bravo:

barcafan

Reaction score
s.a.f said:
[quote="Mane Man":1w39z5l1]My impartial opinion would be Of Course!

Unfortunatley baldness is'nt caused by excess testosterone and DHT its caused by our follicles sensitivity to them.[/quote:1w39z5l1]

But you are more likely (in theory) to bald if you have higher levels of DHT, even though that's not the direct cause.