Are all post-pandemic pieces low on hair, or is it just my supplier?

cottonReville

My Regimen
Reaction score
I used to get much fuller pieces sent to me. Here and there, I'll get one that is as dense as units were before Covid - but the same company, same density is getting me a lot less hair these days.

Is this a global phenomena?- or one specific to my suppliers?

I'm talking UTS and French Lace

Thanks

JaneyElizabeth

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
I used to get much fuller pieces sent to me. Here and there, I'll get one that is as dense as units were before Covid - but the same company, same density is getting me a lot less hair these days.

Is this a global phenomena?- or one specific to my suppliers?

I'm talking UTS and French Lace

Thanks
This is bizarre but true as I see posts like this frequently. It must be headed back to pre-Covid production figures one would think.

Best,
Janey

Hair2019

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
My recent 10 inch custom Swiss lace system was fairly thick density, no less density than units I had before the pandemic, I can't say this is totally true.

cottonReville

My Regimen
Reaction score
See, that's the thing. I like my bases cut because I can't cut a stock 8x10 base without hitting the hair too. That makes it unreturnable boo

HairlessWhisper

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
The only way i've been able to trim stock bases without hitting the hair has been to trace my template on the underside with a sharpie and then puncture the bottom of the base with an exacto knife, making a series of tiny incisions until the whole section is cut. With a poly base you can remove the sharpie with alcohol if need be but I wouldn't want to mark up my lace.

HairlessWhisper

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
The density issues i've been seeing with sts and uts are more like uneven distribution of density, alternating clusters of very dense hair and bald patches. That is the f*****g worst i hate it so much

HairlessWhisper

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Otherwise- Hair in poor condition, size and spacing of loops too large, too many hairs per loop. In at least one case, base much thicker than usual.

HairlessWhisper

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Back in March or April i ordered stock super thin skins from Bysix, GEX Worldwide, Hairpiece Warehouse, MHE and.... another company I can't remember this second? Lol. And a couple of uts from GEX worlwide. The one from Bysix was the only one I kept because, although it had most of the same QC problems, the hair was at least in good condition.

Hairpiece Warehouse was a huge didappointment because they have been my go to for years and provided me the best hairpieces i've worn bar none, I will always stan for Kay and HPW but the two stocks I was sent in the spring after being waitlisted for months were not up to their usual standard. The base was extremely thick, there were way too many hairs per loop, no graduation and hair in poor condition. Pains me to say.

Gex worldwide - all the problems i mentioned except base thickness was okay.

Mhe - i was recommended by someone who said Curtis prides himself on customer service. I was a little apprehensive to begin with b/c i knew i'd be paying double for his youtube celebrity, but just wanted to try any new source. I sent him an email detailing the QC issues with the GEX pieces in particular (i didn't name the company), and asking specifically if he had something better. He then sold me a piece which was very obviously sourced from GEX!!! (absolutely identical save for the front contour shape, no plausible deniability whatsoever), except at double the cost. He denied it of course. I think i was in posession of it for 2 whole hours before i sent it back to him - i was really annoyed. So if any MHE customers on here want the same thing at half price, check it out seriously.

The Byix piece still had that issue of alternatng densities, and some very dark loops on a color #20. There were bald patches right behind the (non-graduated) hairline, and i ended up cutting off the entire front inch of the piece (section 1) and grafting a section i'd trimmed off the side of the base (section 2 + 4) just to make it wearable. That's the one i've been using since.

HairlessWhisper

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
The Bysix piece has a good amount of density overall, in fact i posted a pic to one thread recently as an example of a piece with a little more density, it's thick enough overall, just patchy. GEX/MHE were the patchiest. Hair on everything but Bysix piece was too fried to perm.