Aquamatch by Nanogen, alternative to DermMatch...

Esprit

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Still says..... Perfect With Nanofibres
so they're not that confident about the, .....yet still look completely natural comment?

I've never used Dermm so can't comment, but I will order this one this week and let you know. Does look like a 1960s film star paint job though?

G

This item is not listed on nanothick.com website yet. I guess ordering from UK directly is the only option?

Esprit

Experienced Member
Reaction score
OK, this is basically a paint your scalp job.

The biggest giveaway is the before and after shot. Have you clicked on that yet? Please have a look at the BEFORE AND AFTER PHOTOS. It's ridiculous.

http://nanogen.co.uk/aquamatch-hair-loss-concealer.html

Errrr, that's a normal parting isn't it? No hairloss whatsoever!!!
How can anyone with hair like that be in the least bit bothered about their hair?
It's an appaling example to put on there.

There is no fibre to it, it's just a colour your scalp, which is great if you want to hide a natural parting like they show in their picture, but what about if you have hairloss? Then you will HAVE to use the fibres with it or instead of it.

Can someone who has used Dermmatch tell me how it makes your scalp look like hair instead of a painted scalp, without the use of fibres? I'm intrigued to know why people use these instead of fibres. Derm does show before and after that looks like fibres have been used. How does that work

Hairometer

Reaction score
DermMatch has no fiber in it either. It's a paste that colors your scalp & thickens vellous hair if present. You need a spongy applicator + water to use it. Aquamatch doesn't need water, right?

I think both DermMatch and Aquamatch are best used with fibers. But for the frontal hairline, they outline it better than just fiber alone. This is what others have been saying too.

Esprit

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Yeh, that's right, which makes me think why don't I just use fibres. Think it's a bit pointless. My hair falls forward at the front but on the higher parts I would imagine using that or derm if it's better, and wouldn't want the fibres at the front, just crown I think? Can these be used at the front without the fibres reasonably well?

Hairometer

Reaction score
Normally I use only fibers. But for a big night out I will also use DermMatch to outline a well-defined frontal hairline that looks natural, not artificial. I didn't have much faith in DermMatch before I tried it but it delivers surprisingly decent result in my case. Your case may vary, of course.

You don't need to wet Aquamatch before using, right?

Esprit

Experienced Member
Reaction score
No mate, just draw it on..... no water, and it's supposedly water resistant, but has to be used with fibres I'd say, which aren't water resistant

Esprit

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Want to try Dermmatch, don't like the fact that the Nano pencil has to be put on dry hair. Think wet would be easier. I've heard people say the Derm Med Brown is too light and blonde looking, can any of you comment on that as to if it's true or not, and is Dark Brown better on Med Brown hair?

kejan

Established Member
Reaction score
Anyone used this? From the site it looks very much even like a mascara type make up pencil.

x505x

Reaction score
Esprit said:
Did you actually read this thread?

And does nobody use brown Derm?

i use dark brown derm. goes completely with my black hair
i think the trick is to go for a shade lighter than your real color.

Esprit

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Lighter, do you think?? I used the Med Brown on my hair, and it's got a reddish tint to it, I was think maybe darker, no?