Aquagaine??? Is This Stuff Worth A Crap

BaldUakari

My Regimen
Reaction score
Been having a bit of a rough go with minoxidil. Been using kirkland foam for over a year now and my scalp is really bad. It always made my scalp itchy but in the last month its gotten way worse. Swollen, itchy, bumpy, etc. I'm guessing its either the alcohol in the foam or I have developed an allergy to minoxidil. This sucks based on the fact that i have made very good progress with minoxidil.

Moving forward I am considering trying something without alcohol. Found aquagaine on the internet but I'm a little apprehensive to spend any money on it based on the fact that I can't find anyone who has had any success with it. Every site I read on the intenet has the same 5 reviews which lead me to believe they are fake, or shrills.

My understanding is that minoxidil needs the alcohol as a transportation method through the skin to actually be effective. Unless anyone out there knows any different, that would make Aquagaine snake oil as it has no activating ingredient. Sound correct?

Too boot this is a way to find out if its the minoxidil that is causing my irritation or the alcohol, which is a bit of an expensive experiment.

May have to consider dropping minoxidil all together and try something else such as tricomin spray.

Any advise or knowledge you guys can offer is appreciated

For the record I'm taking saw palmetto extract (can't take the side effects of finasteride), and I use nizoral 2% shampoo twice a week and regenapure the rest of the week.

BaldUakari

My Regimen
Reaction score
Thanks for the help man. Greatly appreciated. I'll look into both those products and cross my fingers i can find something that does'nt turn my scalp to hamburger.