"apricot K" Or Something Like That?

MomoGee

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Everyone here uses Ketoconazole, and it's never stopped anyone's hair loss on its own. So, using it as an example is kind of pointless. It's not like you can just take Ketoconazole and save your hair without any side effects.
I get your point but that doesn't change the fact that the majority of Big 3 users go unaffected. All I need to know is if alfatradiol is safe enough to risk it. There's no way I'd go for Alpicort F though.

bornthisway

Established Member
Reaction score
Many years ago I believe Dr Lee said it was safe to use without systemic side effects. The one guy that did use it didn't have any results. Would this be a better option than the S5 Plus topical? It seems you pretty much have to be on minoxidil if you want some sort of result with either though.

whatevr

My Regimen
Reaction score
I get your point but that doesn't change the fact that the majority of Big 3 users go unaffected. All I need to know is if alfatradiol is safe enough to risk it. There's no way I'd go for Alpicort F though.

Alfatradiol is not really estradiol or estrogen. It's pretty low risk, and low efficacy.

mr_robot

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Alfatradiol is not really estradiol or estrogen. It's pretty low risk, and low efficacy.

Alfatradiol is 17α-estradiol, compared to 17β-estradiol. Cosmo did a study at 1% (~10mg) compared to CB-03-01 and it was nearly as good, however the strongest commercial you can get is 0.75mg (3ml x 0.25mg per ml application). At 10mg you would very likely get Finasteride like sides.

Schitz Popinov

Established Member
Reaction score

What do the hormone profiles of users who go "unaffected by the Big 3" look like? Are they typically lower in something like Tesosterone?

Was curious if there is a common thread.

MomoGee

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
What do the hormone profiles of users who go "unaffected by the Big 3" look like? Are they typically lower in something like Tesosterone?

The usual response is 70% less DHT, 15% more Testosterone, and 15% more Estrogen

Afro_Vacancy

My Regimen
Reaction score

There's no proper study on who gets finasteride sides and who doesn't.

Minoxidil and nizoral are not known to cause side effects.

Schitz Popinov

Established Member
Reaction score
The usual response is 70% less DHT, 15% more Testosterone, and 15% more Estrogen

So then is it fair to say that those experiencing something like gyno from it were already experiencing near elevated levels of estrogen prior to usage? Or is that too simplified a way of looking at it?

Jake lake

My Regimen
Reaction score
Think I found it guys; if I had only known it were this simple. Let's organize a GB.
upload_2017-1-17_21-44-23.png

g.i joey

Reaction score
So then is it fair to say that those experiencing something like gyno from it were already experiencing near elevated levels of estrogen prior to usage? Or is that too simplified a way of looking at it?

I think you are exactly on the ball with that statement.

When I tried finasteride for my first time in dec 2014 I hopped on for 2 months at .5/day and I got gyno signs along with enlarged mammary gland. My doctor made me get off the drug, drop 25 pounds, gave me an AI and thank god it corrected any growth I had in my chest.

I always had a somewhat female fat distribution type body, love handles and thighs are the first place I gain weight, even before finasteride.

Anyways I'm now on finasteride for 4+ months and it's safe to say my nips aren't growing, slightly puffy but completely stable, no pain and not much else to mention on the side effect front.

Got a blood test about 2 months ago and estrogen was a couple points over reference range but my Doctor said it was fine due to my test being on the upper range of the scale.

Weight and level of activity play a huge role on estrogen, at least in my case.

Afro_Vacancy

My Regimen
Reaction score

That may be, but there's no evidence on the matter.

Unfortunately, there are no convincing arguments as to which people are prone to finasteride sides. There are some studies alleging that whether you're right-handed or left-handed matters, but in my opinion they were not convincing.

MomoGee

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Not that simple. The key thing is sensitivity to androgen changes. I recall reading about someone who had all his hormones in check after running tests but he was still developing gyno. Likewise, most people who go bald early don't actually have elevated levels of DHT, they are just sensitive to it.

Grasshüpfer

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Don't medicate with things you can't spell.