Approximately how long does shedded hair take to regrow back

noorur

Established Member
Reaction score
How long does it take on average for the hair to regrow back after they have shedded from using hairloss treatments like finasteride, revivogen n etc ????

Justlooking

Established Member
Reaction score
3 months before you start to see a new hair develop or 3 months it should be back at its full length?

SE-freak

Reaction score
3 months before the follicle starts producing hair again. I am not sure if the lenght of this dormant phase varies from man to man but, generally, 3 months.

jumpedthegun

Established Member
Reaction score
I'm curious about this too. My shed finally stopped after about a month, and now, one month later, I keep checking to see if it's filling back in, wondering how long it should take.

SE Freak, where did you get the 3 month figure? Does anyone else have anything to add?

SE-freak

Reaction score
I am reading about the 3month-100days dormant phase all around.
Visit Dr.Lee's site for instance.

(even vellus hairs that have an anagen phase of a few months keep their 100days telogen fixed- this partially explains the absence of hair in some thinning areas.shhhhh they are sleeping...)

Justlooking

Established Member
Reaction score
I'm curious why nature decided it needed 3 months for it to start growing again. Are all the chemicals we're putting on the scalp to encourage growth or reduce this time not allowing the follicle enough time to regenerate or whatever it does during the 3 months?