Applying Sprio after Xandrox?

Ams99

Established Member
Reaction score
I finally got my bottle of spironolactone and was curious how long should between application of xandrox and spironolactone? It also sucks that I just had a nose job, so I can't smell anything right now, so if the spironolactone really does stink, I'll have no clue! Should I risk putting it on during the day?

HairlossTalk

Reaction score
spironolactone is best when used immediately out of the shower when the scalp is still hydrated but it could cause some conflict for absorption of the xandrox. I would apply the xandrox and then apply the spironolactone no less than 30 minutes after.

From that point on you should be fine to apply the spironolactone, and it should help with any irritation you may eventually get from the xandrox, if any. But waiting 30 minutes is sufficient. The goal is to give it time to absorb, and thats typically how long it needs.

HairLossTalk.com

bombscience

Reaction score
Why not spironolactone first? You mention complications with the absorption? Dr. Lee reccomends spironolactone first then minoxidil (mostly because of the smell issues).

Ams99

Established Member
Reaction score
Thanks HairLossTalk.com. Bombscience, On DR Lee's site he says you should apply the minoxidil soulition first and then spironolactone several minutes afterwards.

HairlossTalk

Reaction score
I get differing answers from many people. Dr. Lee included. Revivogen said to apply their product first, and then spironolactone. Lee said to apply spironolactone first and then Revivogen. Revivogen said something in the spironolactone would inhibit absorption of the liquid form Revivogen. So im a mess.

If Lee says Xandrox first then spironolactone, you have your answer :)

HairLossTalk.com

bombscience

Reaction score
HairlossTalk said:
I get differing answers from many people. Dr. Lee included. Revivogen said to apply their product first, and then spironolactone. Lee said to apply spironolactone first and then Revivogen. Revivogen said something in the spironolactone would inhibit absorption of the liquid form Revivogen. So im a mess.

If Lee says Xandrox first then spironolactone, you have your answer :)

HairLossTalk.com

Alright I emailed him, cause I remember specifically telling me not to use minoxidil first so that the ordor wouldn't develop on the dabber of the spironolactone bottle.

Redbone

Reaction score
He told me Xandros 5% then 15 mins later apply a thin coat of 5% spironolactone. He does not want the minoxidil applicator getting spironolactone on it becasue it casues a stinky smell. Also the spironolactone cream seals in the minoxidil.

Post what he emails you Bomb.

Ams99

Established Member
Reaction score
redbone said:
He told me Xandros 5% then 15 mins later apply a thin coat of 5% spironolactone. He does not want the minoxidil applicator getting spironolactone on it becasue it casues a stinky smell. Also the spironolactone cream seals in the minoxidil.

Post what he emails you Bomb.

Redbone, do you notice a bad oder after applying spironolactone? Just give me the heads up cause I'm still clueless on the smell situation!