Applying Rogaine When It's Difficult To Shower Every Single Day

jdocdp

My Regimen
Reaction score
Hi everyone,

I've been on the early stage of hereditary hair loss for the last year and a doctor advised I start Rogaine/Regaine.

Due to the nature of my work (I have to work for many hours on certain days) and due to my living circumstances (sharing a bathroom), there's days where showering isn't an option. I'd say I do my best to shower once every day, but unfortunately there's times it has to be every other day.

Now, I'm going to start with Rogaine foam for a couple of months to get used to minoxidil and then move to solution.

Am I going to be ok if I re-apply Rogaine on a non-showered head? I refer to the days where I just plain and simply can't shower.

example:
Day 1 - shower
Day 2 - not shower
Day 3 - shower
Day 4 - not shower
and so forth...
On days 2 and 4, is it ok to apply Rogaine, or is it not advised due to the residue that's left on my head from the previous day?

Thank you very much for your time. Any insight is welcome! Oh, and good luck to all of us. :)

resu

Reaction score
Get the shower head and rinse it with cold water over the sink, it's what I did.

yetti

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Not sure about the foam, but if you use the liquid, there's no residual gunk on your head after it dries. I wouldn't pile it up for a week without showering, but a day? No problem.

jdocdp

My Regimen
Reaction score
Not sure about the foam, but if you use the liquid, there's no residual gunk on your head after it dries. I wouldn't pile it up for a week without showering, but a day? No problem.

Nah, nah, definitely not a week. It's every other day, worst case scenario.

Why would foam be any different than solution, I mean as far as showering is concerned?

yetti

Experienced Member
Reaction score
its just the point that if you have foam gunk on your head, and then the next day put more on top of the old gunk without washing it out, it might be less effective (clogged pores) and maybe uncomfortable? i dont really know i use the liquid, which seems to dry and not leave much or any residual.

resu

Reaction score

The oiliness of the PG is better to remove.

Notcoolanymore

Reaction score
Working all day and not showering!? That doesn't sound delicious at all.

jdocdp

My Regimen
Reaction score
Working all day and not showering!? That doesn't sound delicious at all.

Yea, I know, but either way, this is what it is for me for the next 5-6 months, at least.

Would you guys suggest that I postponed the use of Rogaine until my living/working situations become better? Cause there's practically nothing I can do to shower at least once every day, for the time being. :(

Thanks.

jdocdp

My Regimen
Reaction score
I sometimes wash my hair in the kitchen sink; it's quick and convenient.

I guess... Thing is, my sink is too small, won't fit me.

Don't really know what to do right now; start using Rogaine without showering every day, or just wait... :(

hairblues

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
I use the foam and I don't always get to wash my hair daily so I use it two nights in a row sometimes without washing.

I had good response to minoxidil. (wish the regrowth would thicken up but still only at month 5 so we shall see)

I think unless you are putting a lot of styling products/gels etc or hair is getting very dirty or you have a very oily scalp--you should be fine using it 2 days in a row w/o washing.