Applying Rogaine foam with longer hair?

hudsonhawke

Established Member
Reaction score
When I started Rogaine I shaved my head, and application was so easy and required so little it was great. Now my hair is about 3 inches long and very thick, though too thick I really find it tricky to get the foam on my scalp without it absorbing into the hair. I've tried parting though still just gets all over the hair, so I just rub it in as much as I can. Hopefully it gets to the scalp, though I feel I need to use much more and it just gets sucked up into the hair which is frustrating as I don't want to keep using more and run down the canister. Just wondering if there is a more efficient way to get it to the scalp?

Einstein

Established Member
Reaction score
Dampen your hair (not your scalp). A spray bottle works best or you can wet your brush and comb through your hair. Then use a comb to part ways exposing the areas you want to apply the foam. Use a glove and gently massage into your scalp.

hudsonhawke

Established Member
Reaction score
yeah that's a good idea I will try that as well as the gloves (so less absorbs in the fingers and more on the scalp) thanks. I think part of the reason my regrowth was so successful was I started Rogaine on a shaven head, so 100% of the foam was being absorbed into the scalp and I used much less. As the hair grows it becomes really difficult.

hudsonhawke

Established Member
Reaction score
I might consider the liquid in future, definitely would be easier to apply.

In the meantime I found putting the nozzle on my head so the foam goes directly on the scalp works best, rather than putting it in my hands and rubbing in.