Applying minoxidil

joejoebaggins

Reaction score
Can anyone shed some light on how minoxidil is applied? I've been on Propecia for about 6 months and I'm thinking of graduating to the minoxidil/propecia mix. I have long hair so would it be very notciable when i have to leave it in, in the mornings?

Also i have seb dermatosis and the only thing that keeps it under control is Aveeda Scalp Remedy which is applied directly to the scalp after showering. Could i use minoxidil and the aveeda product at the same time?

Thanks

Aplunk1

Reaction score
Fill up the applicator to 1 ml, wipe off the minoxidil on the outer part...

Part your hair and apply a few drops to each part... Do this over and over...

I use about 1-3ml per application. Don't use too much... just enough liquid to cover the scalp.

It shouldn't be too noticeable... It takes about 1 hour for all of it to dry. If you want some fast-drying minoxidil, check out http://www.minoxidil.com . Dr. Lee dispenses some really good minoxidil-based products.

I've never heard of Aveeda Scalp Remedy. What exactly is its purpose? To treat dandruff?

joejoebaggins

Reaction score
Aplunk1, thank you for your reply. I guess my question wasnt so much of how it is applied, but if it's notciable after it's applied. So about 1 hour? Will my hairl look wet for that one hour?

The aveeda scalp remedy is used to treat dandruff for seb dermatosis. I visited the derm a couple of times and the harsher treatments just made things worse. Do you think i could apply both after i shower?

Aplunk1

Reaction score
The minoxidil "might" make you look like you're sweating a little bit... but it's not too bad. You'll be able to style it and everything normally.

Given that minoxidil gives some irritation to people (probably you, in your case of seb. derm.), I would apply the Aveeda about 1 hour after your minoxidil application. That should resolve any irritation and will probably benefit your scalp the most.

I know it sucks waiting, but it's worth it, my friend.

To quote Dr. Lee,
Grow well...