Applying Minoxidil to the 'notch' above sidebuns

oye_rg

Established Member
Reaction score
Hi,
I have been using minoxidil, finasteride and nizoral for about 10 months with decent results and no sides or itch whatsoever. Recently I started applying minoxidil to the notches above the sidebuns (the red spot in the picture) because my notch is also thinned and I though having it back would give me a nice mature hairline.

notch.jpg

However, I have intense itching/burning on applying minoxidil in this place only so I wanted to ask the fellow members for their opinion on a few things:

- Has anyone ever applied minoxidil to these notches? How has your experience been?
- Is this notch region also affected by classical male pattern baldness (i.e. the gene receptors hate DHT as opposed to loving it as for body hair)
- Is it a good idea to treat this area?
- Is minoxidil going to help in this area if it has worked well on the rest of the balding scalp?
- Is minoxidil itch always bad, i.e. does it mean it is going to cause hairloss and not help it?

jd_uk

Reaction score
Minoxidil is only really likely to help on the crown and vertex i believe.

eenrak

Established Member
Reaction score
Minoxidil works anywhere. Even on you arms. Jd_uk, they only tested it in the crown but it works basically anywhere if you have follicles and if you in general respond to it.

JustinCanada

Reaction score
Ya I apply a small amount on the same spot. It definitely can be affected by male pattern baldness. Minoxidil will work on any area that has hair follicles, it just seems to work best on the crown/ vertex.

oye_rg

Established Member
Reaction score
Thanks fellas. How about the terrible itch I have after I started applying minoxidil there. Is that a bad sign?
I have never had any issues anywhere else with minoxidil.

moarhairpls

Reaction score
This myth needs to be crushed. I avoided minoxidil because of this when i first noticed my hairloss, but it probably could've saved my hairline at the time. Now it's much harder to grow it back.