Applying minoxidil to the M pattern

aceman626

Reaction score
Hi all - let's say you just apply minoxidil to the M pattern - would the minoxidil seep to the rest of your hair causing them to shed? Has anyone just applied minoxidil to the receding hairline area or bald spots?

Thanks.

br1

Reaction score
I have been applying it to my temples only for 2.5 months now. Did not affect the rest of my hair.

And the temples are making a come back! :D

aceman626

Reaction score
oh man congrats! you are only using minoxidil? are you applying to anywhere else like the vertex? my vertex is also thinning, altho not as bad as my temples.

shulk

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Initially i used only liquid on the vertex, it made my whole head shed a bit, but not enough to be noticeable.

now i use Liqiuid on the vertex and foam on the temples, i only do it in the evening. I actually divide my foam application between 19:00 and 23:00, i think it might absorb/spread a little better by doing so and you stretch the time gap a wee bit. Its been working well for me, make sure to rub it in as deep in the temples as you can.I keep the vertex at only one dosing a night because i have somewhat longer hair. A bigger application ensures that it spreads over the whole targeted area. Hope its some use to you, good luck :).

br1

Reaction score
i had a shed initially, but then it grew back.

i apply on the temple points only.

pauliewalnuts

Reaction score
minoxidil spreads under the scalp so it will affect the whole scalp area in time; if you are a responder. Explains all these cats on this forum posting they got increased eyebrow and beard growth.

aceman626

Reaction score
ok so the gist is that even if you put it on a small part of the head, it will seep to other parts, causing hair to shed is that right?